cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus VI Forumla Z87 w/ bent CPU pins

bojackr1
Level 7
I need some advice as to what to do with an ASUS Maximus VI Forumla Z87 mobo with bent CPU pins. In short, brought this mobo for my first build. On first boot got a error message pertaining to my ram slots. Switched around the ram sticks until it booted into bios.
Upon further investigation I found out that my mobo wasn't reading the alloted ram slots. RMA the board found out it had bent CPU
pins and it was due to operator error. Brought a new board and need advice as to what to do with the old one. Mobo boots and runs
perfectly just 2 rams slots arent working correctly.

2 REPLIES 2

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi bojackr1 and yes,I can see the damage to one of the pins. Bent pins are always listed as operator error.

I have successfully repaired a board with 4 bent pins using a magnifier and a tooth pick, as very often all you have to do is lift the bent pin out a little. It would seem a pity to trash the board for such little damage, so you have little to lose and a lot to gain by giving it a try.
Good Luck and let us know if you have success.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi bojackr1 and yes,I can see the damage to one of the pins. Bent pins are always listed as operator error.

I have successfully repaired a board with 4 bent pins using a magnifier and a tooth pick, as very often all you have to do is lift the bent pin out a little. It would seem a pity to trash the board for such little damage, so you have little to lose and a lot to gain by giving it a try.
Good Luck and let us know if you have success.

Thanks MeanMachine. I need to do something with it, it's been sitting in the box for almost a year now!!