cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VI Extreme went ROUGH

cserba
Level 7
hey guys,
i had a fresh install of Windows 8.1, it was working properly for at least two weaks. After it forno reasons it started hang the switch off procedure.Only my screen went to power saving state.Once i leaved it hanging in that state. When i camed back home from work I was faced with my BIOS. I tryed load the optimized settings. After it my boot went crazy the boot up time is lower and i have the white blinking cursor which is jumping from the left upper corner to the center.After this it boots up.When i try to switch off my system, i am still unable.

Should i RMA? 😞
28 REPLIES 28

HiVizMan wrote:
That is way to long my friend. Do you have USB devices that are maybe causing that kind of delay?

Yeah, some of them was plugged in. I disconnect them next time. But my second question is, what is our next step? Because you had written that we should overclock my cpu then install the SM Bus driver, and then maybe the AI Suite 3? Or am i wrong? 😮

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK

Lets OC your system.

In bios set XMP profile as mode of OC

Enter the multi value that you would like to OC too. I am going to use 44x for this example

Now in Digi+ set your LLC to 5 (or medium if you bios is older)

Now in vCore

Set as ofset mode
+

F10 and enter.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
OK

Lets OC your system.

Enter the multi value that you would like to OC too. I am going to use 44x for this example

Now in vCore

Set as ofset mode
+

F10 and enter.

ok,will do it right now. i have solved my long boot time.it was the daemon tools, i had an image mounted inside it. and it was forceing my bios boot to hang.

HiVizMan wrote:
OK

Lets OC your system.

Now in vCore

Set as ofset mode
+

F10 and enter.

okay, i am a noob 😞 i set the xmp profile, but can not find how or where to set the multi value 44x just some CPU Level up where i can set 4.200 or 4.400 or 4.600G, i have found the llc setting and i can set it to level 5 but don't know where to set the ofset mode to +0.025

could you please if you have time explane it a little bit more 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah no worries mate we all started some time.

Have a read here and all the settings are explained. If you get stuck just shout.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33488-Maximus-VI-Series-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking&country...
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Ah no worries mate we all started some time.

Have a read here and all the settings are explained. If you get stuck just shout.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33488-Maximus-VI-Series-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking&country...

OK, i overclocked my device. If we can we should solve the SM Bus problem, and if we could install the AI suite too. By the way I've got an other problem.
Ireplaced my noctua nh d-14 to nzxt kraken x40. It worked like a charm. Then i replaced the fan to noctuas A-15 fan. The Control Center of NZXT Kraken is OK, but somehow, it is not cooling better, as I was expecting. When the stock fan was working I was at 29-30 degrees, now with the noctua with better airflow etc i am at 35-38 degrees. Why it is happening? 😮

HiVizMan
Level 40
You may have a bad mount of your cooler. You could have used way to much thermal paste or just not fitted it correctly. The fans may be pointing the wrong way round, there are many many things that could cause this.

HiVizMan wrote:
You may have a bad mount of your cooler. You could have used way to much thermal paste or just not fitted it correctly. The fans may be pointing the wrong way round, there are many many things that could cause this.

Ok i am a little-bit confused. I was running intel burn test, with very high stress level, and getting these temperatures, with water cooling NZXT Kraken x40 I have got a stock fan behind the radiator with max RPM about 3000 and an Noctua A-15 infront of it with max 1500 RPM. I think it is too high for a water cooling system. Should i RMA, because i did every thing in correct steps.

Picture about my system

HiVizMan
Level 40
I still think that your mount is not correct, redo it.