cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VI Extrem and the absurd problem created by Microsoft called TPM

Fernando_1
Level 8
The issue is easy to ask and understand by looking at the problem that Microsoft is creating. On the one hand, it tells us that in 2025 we will stop having Win 10 support, and on the other, we have more than enough equipment to pull Win 11, because of a security measure that only makes sense in a business environment or a laptop such as TPM, not being able to install it. In other words, our equipment "expires" in 2025.

I have a Maximux Extrem VI board with an i7 4790k at 4800 Mhz and 32 GB of Gskil at 2400 Mhz. Works like a charm. I did the Bios mod and it boots me from a Nvme SSD to a perfect PCIe adapter. I installed the current insider version of Win 11 (but it still does not request the TPM)and LOGICALLY moves it wonderfully. There is still a PC for a while.

But I have the TPM problem. Me and a lot more... SAFE
Does anyone know if on this board, by whatever method, it is possible to install a TPM module? Someone in my situation?
I do not understand how Microsoft with Win11 closes the door to more than half (surely many more than half of the world's PCs) with an absurd measure that should be voluntary.

I just hope you reason out the problem you are creating, and this TPM point is a suggestion and not an absurd obligation that is meaningless in a home environment.

Is there some kind of solution?
ROG MAXIMUS z790 HERO Bios 2002, CORE i9-13900K, Kingston 4x16GB 6400 CL32 (5833 stable), Corsair RM 1000i, MSI RTX 3080Ti SUPRIM X, Sound Blaster X AE5 Plus, EK Waterblock Quantum Velocity with 2 Radiators EK, Corsair K70 Rapidfire, Thermaltake case, Samsung SSD 990 PRO, WD BLACK SN770, Kingston SNV2S2, Seagate 6TB, DELL 3007 WFPHC, Samsung 27 , 2 DELL 19;
3 REPLIES 3

Fernando_1
Level 8
Any measure focused on security seems really correct to me, but not to the point of what is perfectly correct one day, the next day is not. And much less to the point of restricting a complete operating system for a minor cause, and if so, not having warned overnight as Microsoft has done now. In this way, giving "years" notice in advance, both manufacturers and users could have prepared ourselves.
There is the case of "top of the range" motherboards that are not ready.
It seems to me a similar situation to when you launched win vista in a scenario where 90% of the computers weren't trained to handle it ..., and that's how it ended.
ROG MAXIMUS z790 HERO Bios 2002, CORE i9-13900K, Kingston 4x16GB 6400 CL32 (5833 stable), Corsair RM 1000i, MSI RTX 3080Ti SUPRIM X, Sound Blaster X AE5 Plus, EK Waterblock Quantum Velocity with 2 Radiators EK, Corsair K70 Rapidfire, Thermaltake case, Samsung SSD 990 PRO, WD BLACK SN770, Kingston SNV2S2, Seagate 6TB, DELL 3007 WFPHC, Samsung 27 , 2 DELL 19;

RedSector73
Level 12
You might find this helpful

Jesseinsf
Level 10
Fernando_1 wrote:
The issue is easy to ask and understand by looking at the problem that Microsoft is creating. On the one hand, it tells us that in 2025 we will stop having Win 10 support, and on the other, we have more than enough equipment to pull Win 11, because of a security measure that only makes sense in a business environment or a laptop such as TPM, not being able to install it. In other words, our equipment "expires" in 2025.

I have a Maximux Extrem VI board with an i7 4790k at 4800 Mhz and 32 GB of Gskil at 2400 Mhz. Works like a charm. I did the Bios mod and it boots me from a Nvme SSD to a perfect PCIe adapter. I installed the current insider version of Win 11 (but it still does not request the TPM)and LOGICALLY moves it wonderfully. There is still a PC for a while.

But I have the TPM problem. Me and a lot more... SAFE
Does anyone know if on this board, by whatever method, it is possible to install a TPM module? Someone in my situation?
I do not understand how Microsoft with Win11 closes the door to more than half (surely many more than half of the world's PCs) with an absurd measure that should be voluntary.

I just hope you reason out the problem you are creating, and this TPM point is a suggestion and not an absurd obligation that is meaningless in a home environment.

Is there some kind of solution?

There needs to be a header on the motherboard or firmware Intel PTT for compatibility. Right now there seems to be no other option. However, there may be an option in the future. Also, TPM is not just for the enterprise. A lot of technology starts in the enterprise and expands in to the consumer sector. This is what TPM and Secure Boot did. These features improve the overall security of all users on Windows 11.