cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus V Formula: Onboard HDMI stops when PCI-E slots populated.

invictus
Level 7
I'm trying to use onboard video output via HDMI on Maximus V Formula motherboard.

With no PCI-E slots populated, onboard video via HDMI works without issue.

When PCI-E slots are populated with anything, onboard video via HDMI stops working.

In BIOS I have set:
Advanced -> System Agent Configuration -> Graphics Configuration -> Primary Display: iGPU

Are there any other settings that I need to change in order to keep onboard HDMI output while PCI-E slots are populated?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hi invictus

With a gpu installed in the PCIe slot, set the primary display to PCIe and connect the monitor cable to the PCIe gpu.

invictus
Level 7
Thanks for the reply.

Running a GPU in a PCIe slot does work, but I'm trying to use the onboard graphics via HDMI port on the motherboard and not a GPU.

I got it to work by disabling the dual mode support in BIOS. All good now.

invictus
Level 7
Back to this issue again.

When I have only 6 of the 7 PCIe slots populated, everything works fine and I can use the HDMI port on the motherboard. If I populate a 7th PCIe slot, the onboard graphics stops working, no signal to the monitor from the HDMI port.

It doesn't seem to matter which PCIe slot is empty, as long as any one of the 7 slots is empty the HDMI output works. When all 7 are populated it stops working.

Any ideas how I can use the onboard graphics while having all 7 PCIe slots populated?