cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus V Formula giving me all sorts of errors.

Nicathug
Level 7
Im posting this as a last attempt to fix this problem man, i've tried so many things i've scanned across google hoping to find something that would help me out. My issue started 2 days ago after a night of gaming hard. I decided i wanted some rest and so i actually decided for once i would shut down my computer rather then put it to sleep just cause. So i powered it down went to sleep woke up next morning to find that it didn't wanna turn on ( gamers worst nightmare). Now i picked it up put it on a night table and had a look at it. I looked to see if any cables were loose or if anything was spilt on it. i noticed the motherboard had power because it had its LED's lit. I proceeded to change the outlets( nothing yet) i cleared Cmos nothing. So then i took to youtube on my phone looking for ways to diagnose what was wrong. At first i thought it was my PSU so i got my old computers PSU and hooked it up nothing, the leds only powered up. so well then i ruled out the PSU and thought about the mother board. i re seated all the power cables running from the PSU to the mobo and nothing. Well here comes the weird part of the story, so i searched the web for like 2hours and had not touched the computer then decided to touch the 12v cable that powers the cpu and the lights on the fans flickered and they themselves began running but immediately stopped within 2secs. I tried to re create this with no success so i decided to keep searching for more information. Not 30mins later i sighed and hit the Start button and holy god it started. Now begins my current issue, since its start i didn't recieve a display i probably restarted it about 5 times and then it stopped working with randomly powering itself and turning off like when your lights flicker the fans would run and then stop for a period of time. i decided to power it off and take off the power cord, in which time i decided to take out the CMOS battery and let it drain for a while. After what was like 1hour i turned it on again finally, but received Q Codes and still couldn't post BIOS. The Codes i've gotten are A2,AE,B4, and A0 at this very moment its on A0 which to my understanding is a good thing but still no display. I did happen to see BIOS 2 times last night only when i decided to try to plug in my old Grahpics card from like 2004 into it and see if it would work and IT DID, until i tried to input the right settings for my memory(ram) and cpu frequency. when it saved the settings and restarted it just gave me a, A2 code again. SInce then i've flashed the bios updating it to the latest one and aswell as downgrading it back to what i had it at i believe it was 1604. I've cleared CMOS like 20times. tried new cables on my HDD's new powers cables for the HDD, tried different sockets on my Sata ports for it. nothing it just doesn't give me a display. At this very moment i have that graphics card still in it, if any of you have any ideas or if you believe this is Done i guess im just gonna spend 3weeks with out a mobo and RMA it. This truly sucks.
i will list my specs for you
I7 3770k cpu
Cougar GX 1050w PSU
16G's of Gskill ram Trident X and ripjaws
500GB WD velociraptor + 750 GB Hitachi Deskstar.
thermaltake water 2.0 cpu cooler.
and some old regular Disk drive i got off some computer in the past. Thats all my specs if u want that old crappy graphics card i can give you that aswell but i only run On board graphics.

someone please help with any ideas.
138 REPLIES 138

Nate152
Hello Nicathug and welcome

if the motherboard is stopping at code A2 it is either a gpu or a drive issue. The code it stops on is the one you want to be concerned with.

First try disconnecting all your drives except for the one the operating system is installed on. If you still get code A2 disconnect that drive too and see if you are able to enter the bios.

If this doesn't help then it is a gpu issue.

i've only had this whole pc set up about 2yrs and like 4months..

Nicathug
Level 7
first of all thanks for responding to me rather quickly, i appreciate any ideas or advice. I just tried what you asked and nope it doesn't show me bios even with the crappy ghrapics card it doesn't show me Bios. What can i do now? what does this mean? i only use onboard so does it mean my cpu is messed up ? what about the mobo?

Nate152

Nicathug
Level 7
how can i update if i can't load into the OS or see my BIOS. Also i've already flashed my bios like two times maybe three but is it really okay to keep flashing it? what BIOS should i flash it too i don't really know alot about BIOS.

Nate152

Nicathug
Level 7
im flashing it now, what if that fails what am i left with after as far as options go to resolve this? is it a bad mobo or bad cpu?

they are both HDD's and i've tried man, as for that extra gpu i've used its not some market gpu it came off a HP computer i owned in like 2004 that crapped out on me like 4years ago. i used it for a while i had it in a drawer honestly didnt take care of it cause it very much outdated. thats what i got the bios to post with last time though. i'll try all the ports again though if you feel it will help. other then this i mean i've stated everything i've done in my long story, do you think its the cpu? or can it be the mobo?

Nicathug
Level 7
yah so i did the flashed it again i turned it on same code A2 i plugged the HDD in same code. no display either.