cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus maximus ranger vii intel virtualization disabled problem

Shakecip
Level 10
Hy guys here is the thing, my mb is asus maximus vii ranger and I have a strange problem with intel virtualization with 4790k, when I purchased the mb as far as I can remember virtualization was enabled by default and now even if I reset cmos it remains disabled and I have to enable it manualy. Can someone with the same mb tell me if by default intel virtualization is enabled or disabled?
6 REPLIES 6

Shakecip
Level 10
Please guys help me!

Nurz
Level 7
Actually, virtualization is disabled by default by Intel. Do you require a virtual working environment?

Shakecip
Level 10
Yes i do, but the problem is that if i remember corectly i know that by default virtualization was enabled and i am wondering if that isn't a mb problem.

Shakecip
Level 10
Are you for sure that intel virtualization is disabled by default? Since when?

Hey,
I have the same board and CPU and am actually in the middle of setting up a VMware Workstation 11 lab as we speak.

To answer your question... yes VM Tech is disabled by default.
Infact (I work in IT and have many PC's at my disposal) It's been my experience that is disabled by default on all motherboards that I have worked with.

Shakecip
Level 10
Thanx, I tought that it was a mb problem especially that a friend of mine has a 3570k and a asus z77 board and vt is enabled to him by default. And I have one more question the last core on my cpu is cooler than the other ones like 5 degrees, is it the same to you?