Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus Hero VII Q-code 00 HELP

katakaz
Level 7
Hello !
I´m new here.
I have the q-code 00.
I have a Maximus VII Hero working with a 4790K and G.skill Trindent CL10 2400 8gb.
I get this computer one month ago it has been working fine until today.
Today i open the All Suit 3 aplication that comes with motherboard. And i start the 5way optimization . he starts doing is tests and after reboot the computer it shows the Q-code 00.
I uninstalled the 5way Optimization, restarted computer and it shows again Q-led AO.
I did this process 3 times and it happens allways the same. If i turn 5way Optimization ON after reebot computer it will show Q-code 00. Anyway its still working with q-code 00, but on mother board says that Q-code 00 means Not Used. No used what ? i dont understand what im not using.
Can anyone help me? Is the aplication 5way optimization that so important ? Or can i get all system optimization without it , using for example the EZ Wizzard don BIOS.??
Thanks , and sorry for my inglish, im not good..
1 REPLY 1

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi katakaz and Welcome to ROG.
Qcode 00 is not documented however many believe this has something to do with your CPU, however Qcode AO means it has passed post and handed over to the OS on your HD which is good if you have an operating system installed correctly.
Cant determine the exact problem but if you have no luck clearing CMOS or updating Bios then you may have to inspect the pins on your CPU and reapply your TIM.
Another thing to try is remove your DIMMs and use just one Dimm in first slot to see if it will post.
Try searching other posts for a solution as I recall seeing your problem elsewhere.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]