cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS CROSSHAIR V DON'T POST, DON'T BOOT

Retired
Not applicable
Hi, my name is Sebastian, i'm from Argentina and i have this trouble, i have my new system pc working for a couple of weeks, and the last monday i force turn off by the power buttom, and never turn on again..., i push the power button and i see the system on for less than a sec, then turn off, in that moment the led of the CPU, and CHIPSET CRAZY is in RED, when is off the RAM is red too, take a note that i overclock only the CPU, not the mem's, chipset o pcie, by the case the system working fine to that moment, the more crazy thing is the fact that i can't make a CLR CMOS, i take off the battery, move the cap to the position CLEAR and plug off the power and NOTHING, i unplug everything, only have the CPU, stock fan, 1 ram, and vga, i try other mem, other PSU, and nothing, please i make me crazy!!!, thanks.

My system is:

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9
MEM: G.SKILL SNIPER F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR (1866)
PSU: COOLER MASTER REAL POWER PRO 1000W
COOL: CORSAIR H80 WATERCOOLER
VGA: x2 SAPPHIRE 6950 CROSSFIRE
HD: 1 SAMSUNG 160 GB FOR O/S, 1 WD 1TB BE, FOR GAMES

PD: Sorry for my spelling.
5 REPLIES 5

h01d3r
Level 7
ok i got a solution that might help you take everything off the board except ur front switches then try to power the board with no cpu if it starts let it run for about 30-60 sec then power it off (note) this takes sometime i know and is agavating but i've had this problem b4 and this method worked for me let me know how things go you can pm if u want i'm more than happy to help u some more
Amd Ryzen 1700X 4.0 Ghz 8 Core 16 Tread (AM4)
16 GB G-Skill Rip Jaws V (F4-3400C16D-16GVK)
256 GB Primary M.2 Drive
256 San Disk SSD Game Drive
256 Toshiba SSD Storage
500 GB Storage Drive
AMD Radeon R9 390X 8GB
Asus Crosshair VI Hero Board
Corsair H100i All-In-One
LG Bluray DVD Burner
ROG Dual Front Bay Scrren
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Full Tower
Corsair Modular 750 Watt PSU

h01d3r
Level 7
and when i mean power the board with no cpu i mean no cpu no ram no hdd no pcie cards just run the board with nothing at all on it k this will not damage it i promise
256 GB Primary M.2 Drive
256 Toshiba SSD Storage
500 GB Storage Drive
AMD Radeon R9 390X 8GB
Corsair H100i All-In-One
LG Bluray DVD Burner

Retired
Not applicable
Holder you are the men!, it works for me, i have tried that before but i still left the vga in the mobo, now i tried just that you say and work perfect, now i enter the bios and update whit the 903, many, many thanks you are my savior. Sorry for my english i only speak spanish, my english very bad as you can see 🙂 , thanks again!

h01d3r
Level 7
you are so very welcome 🙂 glade i could help
256 GB Primary M.2 Drive
256 Toshiba SSD Storage
500 GB Storage Drive
AMD Radeon R9 390X 8GB
Corsair H100i All-In-One
LG Bluray DVD Burner

Retired
Not applicable
Hi holder, i unplug the psu, connect everything, and i have the same problem again, and now the solution that you tell me, don't work anymore, I don't know what i can do.