cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Crosshair V and HAF X front panel

gmoney
Level 7
I'm a first time builder and I'm trying to close my case up but I have two questions. First off, I can't find where the front panel fan led light is suppose to connect on the motherboard. I'm assuming it goes in where the rest of the front panel stuff does, but I wanted to validated that. A few co-workers said just to try some of the pin, it woldn't hurt anything. I have all the rest of the front panel connected with no issue. Also, where does the from panel E-sata cable go to? I would like to get my case closed up this weekend.

Photos are definately welcome!
Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

rnealj62
Level 7
I put my e-sata cable to the SATA port that is by itself.....not one of the six in series, should be just below and to the left of the six. should be easy to find without a picture. Not sue about your other question. Does it drive a fan or just the LED?
FX 8150 4.6ghz
Crossair V Formula
Corsair VENGANCE DDR3 2133 16gig
2x EVGA GTX 680 HYDRA COPER in SLI
2x Samsung SSD 128 in RAID 0
WD V Raptor 300gig
2x Samsung 1tb in RAID 0
Thermaltake 1050w 80 + Gold
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow edition/custom water cooled
STRIKE - X fan controler.
ASUS VE278 27" monitor
ACER S20 1HL 20" monitor
Logitech Z906 THX Cert 5.1
Pioneer BD optical drive

jd2266
Level 7
if you mean the front case fan it connects here.i attached a pic of mine.just look at the led fan connector, it does not connect to the motherboard , it connects to the actual haf x case wires

asus crosshair v ,fx8150 cpu, 16 gb g skill 1600,sapphire radeon 6870 ,mushkin 120 gb enhanced chronos sata III ssd.seagate barracuda 1tb sata 6gb storage drive,asus black blu ray burner,asus 24x dvd burner,cooler master half x blue edition with added 200mm top fan,rosewill 800 watt modular lightining series ps,cooler master hyper 212 evo .artic 5 thermal compound,vantec spectrum fan card with dual 70mm fans,nzxt 2mm led sleeved light kit,win 7 ultimate 64 bit,logitech z623 200 watt speakers

gmoney
Level 7
Thanks to the both of you!! I had my E-sata in the same port, but took it out. I'll replace it tomorrow. I can't believe i missed that fan LED. I have it up and running now. It took 15 seconds. Thanks again 🙂

jd2266
Level 7
your welcome. there are a lot of great members on this site that help everyone,they have helped me so i am glad to help when i can.:) you can also turn the led on the fan off if you want.on the top of the case there is a fan led switch ,
asus crosshair v ,fx8150 cpu, 16 gb g skill 1600,sapphire radeon 6870 ,mushkin 120 gb enhanced chronos sata III ssd.seagate barracuda 1tb sata 6gb storage drive,asus black blu ray burner,asus 24x dvd burner,cooler master half x blue edition with added 200mm top fan,rosewill 800 watt modular lightining series ps,cooler master hyper 212 evo .artic 5 thermal compound,vantec spectrum fan card with dual 70mm fans,nzxt 2mm led sleeved light kit,win 7 ultimate 64 bit,logitech z623 200 watt speakers