cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS C6 PROBLEM

Retired
Not applicable
MY SPEC:

MB: ASUS IV Maximus Extreme Z (bios 0706)
GFX: Gigabyte 570 soc
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120Gb
CD: BlueRay recorder LG BH10LS30
MEMORY: G.SKILL RIPJAWS X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM (2x 4Gb)
PSU: OCZ MODXSTREAM PRO 700W (replaced to MODECOM VOLCANO 750W)

I was playing some game and system just dies without warnning etc.power goes down and black screen.
After little search i notice that my PSU is dead i change it to my old spare PSU (MODECOM). MB is starting then i see in its display C6 debug code and system is stuck at this black screen with cursor blinking in top left corrner. Windows is not starting etc.
I was trying to change some parameters in BIOS but without any results. SSD is alive cos i tested it on other pc. I was not overcolcking or anything like that, system new have it for 1 week. What to do??
8 REPLIES 8

Retired
Not applicable
Reset the CMOS.

Start the computer once with the SSD unplugged. Verify everything is being seen in BIOS.
Plug in SSD. Change boot order in BIOS.

Retired
Not applicable
I forgot to write that all options in bios are set to auto (and this was working perfectly).
Im able to boot WIndows7 Install DVD.

Now im stuck at code 45 and bios is not starting
even reseting CMOS is not helping

I just notice that led (DRAM) just near power cables which are comping to MB is RED.

Retired
Not applicable
Try taking out the motherboard and unplugging everything like the video card, hdds, memory, whatever else is connected to something else, cept for the CPU, and doing a rebuild.

Retired
Not applicable
i removed CPU and now i have AE.
When i conect SSD back i got 6d (if i read that good)
Without SSD is AE.

in bios all on AUTO or Enabled.
Only
Internal PLL Overvoltage :disabled
Mem Frq: DDR3-1600
Mem Bandwidth Booster: Disabled
Xtreme Tweaking: Disabled
EPU Power Saving Disabled
Extreme OV: Disabled

Retired
Not applicable
problem is i was not oc 🙂 still cant start that ssd with windows7

Retired
Not applicable
I get AE after a failed OC once in a while and I just have to clear CMOS to fix that.

Retired
Not applicable
Can you start Windows with another HDD?

Retired
Not applicable
I reinstalled Windows and now is working. In XP there was info "missing operating system" or something like that when os was dead, in windows7 ther is only blinking cursor 🙂