cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Bios fan control request

Abula
Level 9
Any chance ASUS might consider lowering the minimum PWM cycle % on the current ROG motherboards?

It used to be 20%, but this gen has 40% on the CPU_FAN header, other brands like MSI allow 12.5%, 25%, much lower than ASUS restictions, i always seen restictions on CHASSIS_FAN headers, but on CPU_FAN they always been much lower, dont understand why so high this gen.

My PWM fans can drop much lower than 40%, and my GENE VI can also go there with FanXpert2,

So is there any chance asus could release an update bios with lower "CPU Fan min. Duty Cycle"? at leat give us 20%, but if you can 10% would be great. All PWM fans are different some can other cant... but its nice to have the flexibility of going lower at the end user discretion, without needing to resort on AI SUITE III and FanXpert2.
33 REPLIES 33

dirtyred
Level 7
I don't think it would be that hard to change a few things. I'm pretty sure that the minimum fan speed is coded into an if statement (don't know about BIOS programming) and it's by default 40% unless calibration is done. That should be pretty easy and fast to change. The question is do they want to do that?

The rest of my requests need a bit more work but shouldn't be that hard especially the first few ones.

F__Gacrux
Level 7
ASUS should also consider fixing the QFAN in EZ MODE, after setting the auto adjustment, saving and restarting, if you try to open QFAN again the UEFI freezes.

F. Gacrux wrote:
ASUS should also consider fixing the QFAN in EZ MODE, after setting the auto adjustment, saving and restarting, if you try to open QFAN again the UEFI freezes.

Not only does it freeze in the bios, if you let it boot to windows and then run a stress test like OCCT windows freezes as well.

kitfit1 wrote:
Not only does it freeze in the bios, if you let it boot to windows and then run a stress test like OCCT windows freezes as well.

I use Prime95 and IBT to test CPU and both works without freezing, I'll check if OCCT freezes the system like yours.