cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody have Phase Change cooling? I need feedback...

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
I am also a member of EVGA forums, and a long-standing member there whom I have helped and vice-versa is now considering Asus RIVE. He presently runs a phase-change rig:
EVGA ModsRigs: "The Perfect Beast" by firerx

Currently hs has an EVGA X58 Classified mobo. He has asked me:
"I'm seriously losing any confidence EVGA can come back from the brink in this. and if I get the ASUS RIVE, Can you help a brother out on setup. this will be my first uefi board. and all the Bois update stuff looks intimidating. how the heck you know which bios you have out of the box. to decide which update to go with [.ROM/.CAP] Scares the crap out of me. Also is the phase change prep is the same as the 1366 socket?" - Robert a.k.a. firerx

So I need help answering him, since I have no experience W/extreme cooling. Could I please get some feedback from someone who owns a Rampage series mobo and is using SS PC? He also needs some assurance that he can get forum support for his future issues with his build, he is accustomed to the EVGA level of support, and in my opinion the ROG forum now rivals that - when the servers aren't down. What should I tell him (I will quote you)? Or you are welcome to log in to EVGA forums and PM him yourself.

Also, he said he had an 'issue' with joining the ROG forum, I will ask him what happened. If he has a technical issue, I will see what I (we) can do to help. I wonder if it had anything to do with the frequent ROG server downtime lately...
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.
6 REPLIES 6

UltraNEO_
Level 11
If no-one here can help you HW. There's a whole section for phase change and TEC/peltiers cooling on OCN. I'm sure one of them nice folks can help you solve problems, give pointers and suggestions.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

Nodens
Level 16
My knowledge on phase change is theoretical and I've seen a Prometeia once but haven't actualy worked with it. The prep should be the same but I'll let anyone who has real experience with it comment on that.

Regarding RIVE and UEFI stuff etc, you know of course that we'll help with anything:)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
I am posting all followup info on this thread here:
Anybody have Phase Change cooling? I need feedback...
in General Hardware, Overclocking & Tweaking
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

UltraNEO_
Level 11
Double post? Badddd practice! :rolleyes:
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV