cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD FX 9590 Support

Chewitt
Level 10
As in the title, will the ROG boards support the new AMD FX 9590 for those who have not yet seen its spec Vishera, 8 Core, S AM3+, Clock 4.7GHz, Turbo 5GHz, 4MB x2 L2 Cache, 8MB L3 Cache, 220W
CPU - AMD Phenom II 555 OC'd and UCC'd to Phenom II B55 at 3709MHz
RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast
MoBo - ASRock 890GX Extreme3
GPU - Asus HD 6850 Direct CU
SDD - 240GB Kingston HyperX

ROG RealBench Score = TBB
19,061 Views
16 REPLIES 16

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
yep, both the chvf-z and the sabertooth R2.0 have been qvled by AMD 🙂

Chewitt
Level 10
Nice, dont get me wrong i cant afford the £700 for the CPU just good to see things moving in the right direction.
CPU - AMD Phenom II 555 OC'd and UCC'd to Phenom II B55 at 3709MHz
RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast
MoBo - ASRock 890GX Extreme3
GPU - Asus HD 6850 Direct CU
SDD - 240GB Kingston HyperX

ROG RealBench Score = TBB

Praz
Level 13
If hammering the system with stress testing/benchmnarks I would consider the C5F only. 8 pin EPS is not enough for 8 core AMD CPUs approaching 5.GHz.

Praz wrote:
If hammering the system with stress testing/benchmnarks I would consider the C5F only


No C5F-Z? Or just in general mobos which has both 8-pin and 4-pin power connectors?

Wheres the Support for the original Crosshair V? It seems the support for future processors even though they are Socket AM3+ is now over? Even the Crosshair II got continued support for longer. 19 Bios updates it has Vs 12 for the Crosshair V?

Come on Guys, what's going on? :mad::confused:

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
There hasn't been a need for a BIOS update, if there was, one would have been released...though, I imagine a new BIOS will be available will be released sometime in the future to support SteamRoller CPU's

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
There hasn't been a need for a BIOS update, if there was, one would have been released...though, I imagine a new BIOS will be available will be released sometime in the future to support SteamRoller CPU's


So then your saying the Crosshair V already supports those new CPUs and If I got one I could drop it on in and the Bios would recognize it and it would work?

NickT wrote:
So then your saying the Crosshair V already supports those new CPUs and If I got one I could drop it on in and the Bios would recognize it and it would work?


That's exactly what i'm saying mate, provided you have the last BIOS revision flashed to your BIOS. Here's a little secret for ya...the 9590 is just a higher clocked 8350

ganji
Level 13
its shocking that people are even considering this cpu enit lol. tut! tut!