cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air-Cooled (Noctua NH-D15) FX-9590 - Log and Notes

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
Hey all.

As a direct result of the fact that the new graphics card I bought has no water block available (ie: poor planning on my part), I have removed all of the water cooling from my system.

So, I figured I'd run a few tests with the new graphics card and with my CPU all air cooled, and post my results here.

I've read many people asking about air cooling the FX-9590, so this is for you - I will update with information.

Hardware is listed in PC Specs below my name, and a photo of my case's internals is below.

All fans other than CPU cooler are Noctua NF-P12 PWM - two above CPU venting up, three on front of case where radiator used to be pushing in.

Rear vent fan (behind CPU cooler) is Noctua NF-S12A PWM venting out back.

Z
12 REPLIES 12

Dr. Zchivago wrote:
I'll try it out this weekend, and let you know.

Z

EDIT: I hate the AISuite, so I don't use it, or any of its features, typically.

Cool!
I understand it totally, but i must say they improved the flaws it had.
Anyways i just uninstalled it to see if EPU still works, and it does! Frequency and voltage are variable as it should.
It's just that little bit of extra tweaking and information that i miss now, nothing crucial.
Give it a go, if you want 😉

ShrimpBrime
Level 7
OP - Could you post your P-state listing for your processor please?

How to...

Revert system to stock. Boot windows open Cpu-z. Click about tab. Click save report TXT. Open TXT. scroll down a little ways to see P-states listing. Copy paste to ROG board.

And thank you very much ahead of time!

IMweasel
Level 7
P-State FID 0x1F - VID 0x01 - IDD 18 (25x - 1.537 V)
P-State FID 0x1F - VID 0x01 - IDD 18 (23.50x - 1.537 V)
P-State FID 0x1D - VID 0x01 - IDD 18 (22.50x - 1.537 V)
P-State FID 0x18 - VID 0x0A - IDD 14 (20.00x - 1.425 V)
P-State FID 0x12 - VID 0x14 - IDD 11 (17.00x - 1.300 V)
P-State FID 0x8 - VID 0x24 - IDD 7 (12.00x - 1.100 V)
P-State FID 0x10C - VID 0x35 - IDD 4 (7.00x - 0.887 V)

The funny thing is, if you in bios, enable Turbo Core,set multiplier to anything,disable turbo core again,the top p-state will remain changed to whatever you set it to.
I always set it to 23,5. If the board decides to go turbo and/or c6 anyway,it won't cause any lockups 😉