cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI3 Showing Wrong BCLK Frequency

juanccgg
Level 7
I have a Maximus VI Extreme and after upgrading to Windows 8.1, I also updated all the ASUS drivers and software including AI suite 3 .
Now AI Suite 3 shows the wrong BCLK frequency. The BCLK should be 100 but it shows 80.

Previously it would show the CPU frequency as 100*39=3900. Now it shows it as 80*39=3120.
But in the lower left hand corner of AI Suite 3 it does show the correct frequency of 3900 under load. Also the OC Panel displays the BCLK frequency as 100 and the task manager also reports 3900 so it seems like it is AI Suite 3 that has a bug and my BLCK frequency is set to 100.

Anybody else having problems?
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Which BIOS are you on?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

juanccgg
Level 7
I am on the 0711 BIOS.
I guess I am a few versions behind.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Well unless you need to fix something and your system does what you want there is no need to update the bios. It is your call here. I do not really use AIsuite much so can not comment on the value of having it.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

juanccgg
Level 7
I updated to the 1002 BIOS. No change. AI3 still has the wrong value.
I use AI3 mostly for monitoring and fan settings. Any major changes I do them directly in the BIOS so I guess for now it is no big deal.

Classic_GOD
Level 10
This bug occurs when you have more than 1 sensor monitoring software running at the same time. I know for a fact that combination of HWiNFO64 and AI Suite 3 can cause this.

HWiNFO64 was the problem. I had both of them running.
Thanks, Classic_GOD

Classic_GOD wrote:
This bug occurs when you have more than 1 sensor monitoring software running at the same time. I know for a fact that combination of HWiNFO64 and AI Suite 3 can cause this.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Good point ClassicGod I did not ask about what other applications were open.

I know this one is an old thread... however I am having this problem myself. I ONLY have AI Suite 3 running. No other monitoring software. I am on the latest BIOS.

Maximus VI Extreme w/ 4770k..

Any help?
MEGAStarkey

Intel i7 4770kOC @ 4.6 / 1.25v - Maximus VI Extreme - 16gb Team Xtreem @2400
Gigabyte R9 290x Windforce OC
Intel i7 4670kOC @ 4.2 - ASUS Z97i Plus - 8gb Crucial Ballistix@1600
ASUS 660GTX
AMD FX8350OC @ 4.8 Ghz Stable - Crosshair V Formula-Z -8gb Crucial Ballistix @1600
ASUS 660GTX