I have a Maximus VI Extreme and after upgrading to Windows 8.1, I also updated all the ASUS drivers and software including AI suite 3 . Now AI Suite 3 shows the wrong BCLK frequency. The BCLK should be 100 but it shows 80.
Previously it would show the CPU frequency as 100*39=3900. Now it shows it as 80*39=3120. But in the lower left hand corner of AI Suite 3 it does show the correct frequency of 3900 under load. Also the OC Panel displays the BCLK frequency as 100 and the task manager also reports 3900 so it seems like it is AI Suite 3 that has a bug and my BLCK frequency is set to 100.
Well unless you need to fix something and your system does what you want there is no need to update the bios. It is your call here. I do not really use AIsuite much so can not comment on the value of having it.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
I updated to the 1002 BIOS. No change. AI3 still has the wrong value. I use AI3 mostly for monitoring and fan settings. Any major changes I do them directly in the BIOS so I guess for now it is no big deal.