cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ai Suite III Problem

Retired
Not applicable
Hello! I have a Maximus VI Hero motherboard. When I built my computer I installed Windows 8 64bit and immediately after I installed Ai Suite III version 1.00.50, which had Dual Intelligent Processors 4 version 1.01.08. Today I saw that Ai Suite III version 1.00.55 came out and I wanted to update. Everything seemed to have installed so I rebooted. When I started Ai Suite III I got this error message: "CreateProcess failed (2)." and I saw that the Dual Intelligent Processors 4 version 1.01.16 did not install. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and even tried installing the old version but it still doesn't work. All the other features work except for Dual Intelligent Processors 4. Please help me! Thanks!
24 REPLIES 24

bobbozzo
Level 7
Also, when I try to uninstall from Control Panel, "Dual Intelligent Processors" isn't checked as being installed; only the other apps.

Bob

bobbozzo
Level 7
Anyone know how to resolve this?
I feel like I've wasted a lot of time and money buying all these PWM fans and not being able to control them, and losing my overclock on an expensive 'K' CPU.

thanks
Bob

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the set up. Let me recap. All was working on your system. So we know it works yes?

Now what was different in your OS previously? Did you have the AV installed first time up? What is different.

The point I am making is as the software worked for you previously, you have to investigate what is different and that difference is the cause.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

bobbozzo
Level 7
Hi,
All was working on Win8.1 PREVIEW (with no A/V).

After reformatting with Win8.1 RTM (legit from MSDN) and with AVAST A/V, it isn't working.
The installer got some errors due to the A/V, but AI Suite actually was working afterwards. When I disabled A/V and re-installed AISuite is when things really broke.

However, I've disabled AVAST and I can't get AISuite cleaned up and re-installed. The cleanup tool says it's removed the services, but every time I re-install it, and reboot, I get the Create Process error, even if Avast is completely disabled.

I believe the problem is that AI Suite is not fully uninstalling and re-installing, but I don't know how to clean it up as I've already run the cleaner with and without rebooting.

Again, I've tried completely disabling Avast; I don't think it is the only problem.

thanks,
Bob

Raja
Level 13
I do not think there is a win 8.1 version of AI Suite III released yet. Think it wise to wait until there is a version for 8.1, otherwise issues are a possibility. Do not have a date on it yet, it is usually sometime after the official launch not before.

-Raja

LeCramp
Level 7
Where do you download anything newer than 1.00.50? I'm using this version from the ASUS global site for my Maximus VI Extreme (for win8 64bit)- and after upgrading to the newest WHQL nVidia drivers AI Suite is acting up for me. Or it does when I enable nVidia surround on my 3 monitors..

With surround enabled, I boot up to a black desktop. I can ALT-F4 out of this, and I'll see my normal desktop with loads of blank AI Suite windows for the individual components. For example, I'll see 3 white/blank windows marked as Wi-Fi engine, which I'll have to ALT-F4 to close, as there are no buttons on the window. I'll se another WI-Fi engine window that looks like a sort of work-flow chart. I'll see the main AI Suite window with with all the normal text, except for the bottom part with the sensor display (temps, power, etc) - and no buttons to minimize/close/change display, and so forth.

I can fix this by downgrading graphics drivers to earlier versions of the WHQL drivers. I just find it odd that this will happen because of a graphics driver update.

Ruttiger343
Level 7
I had a similar experience with AI Suite 3 ver. 1.00.50 in the driver DVD which came with my Maximums VI Formula - but using the cleaner I managed to update to version 1.00.55 with no issues.

I'm guessing bobbozzo's problem may be with the "Preview" version of Win 8.1 - I know almost nothing about programming, but I would imagine that there is some kind of software/coding clash between this version of Win 8.1 and AI Suite 3 ver 1.00.55 - although you would assume that if the previous version worked, then surely version 1.00.55 would also work.

One (not so convenient) solution may be to rollback to an older version of Windows, then fresh-install AI Suite 3 ver 1.00.55? It's a pain in the a$$ I know...

bobbozzo
Level 7
Hi,
LeCramp, 1.00.55 is available on the Z87-Plus ASUS page; I don't know if it supports all boards.

Ruttiger343, The Preview of Win8.1 was working fine with AISuite 1.00.50.

The RTM RELEASE of Win8.1 (legit from MSDN) is not working with 1.00.50 or 1.00.55.

I still think there's an installer problem, as 1.00.55 was working briefly in RTM until I re-installed due to the A/V warnings.

Sorry, I'm not going to re-install Windows; 8.1 is RTM, and I've already spent MANY hours setting everything up and installing all my apps.

I don't mind waiting a couple weeks if ASUS will be releasing a new version that will work better, but I hope it will be able to clean up any mess that remains in my current install, if any.
I don't understand why a separate 'cleaner' app is even needed.

Bob

bobbozzo
Level 7
I found 1.00.56 on the Z87-Plus page, and it says it's for Win8.1 64bit, but it has the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

Please let me know how I can clean this up and re-install a working version!

Bob

ASUS support are unfortunately not being very helpful. They told me to try the cleaner in Safe Mode, but that didn't help.

Now they are saying to re-install Windows, which is not acceptable.

Bob