cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE code legacy boot event Asus Maximus VII ranger

Syntraxx
Level 7
Hi,

Since a while now im having the issue that my pc will start up and just before loading windows it hangs on the AE code legacy boot event.

iff ill wait long enough ( like 20-30 seconds ) it will start up ,but its frustrating and annoying and it doesnt feel right that its doing this! i have bought the whole pc on november 2014 and this problem is only since 2 -3 weeks so i could never be the CPU-RAM or GPU ( the lights on my striker are both green ) its defenitly some thing with the MOBO
i have the feeling that its looking for another boot drive but i have disconnected all drives and reset default settings nothing will work. does anny body else have a cure for this problem? i have also re-install OS doesnt work either (also tried a new SSD)

specs are
Asus Maximus VII ranger
I5-4670K
G.skill Xseries
Corsair H105
Asus Striker Platinum GPU
Samsung evo 850 250 SSD

Thanx in advance
18 REPLIES 18

Syntraxx
Level 7
Update:

After no response i tried to contact asus : they asked me to try and do a Cmos clear action so i did that in the way they asked me to ( battery out 5 min later batt in) this does not help neither...still after turning on windows loading screen AE hang.

Conners
Level 9
You could try turning off legacy in bios if you don't have anything that uses it...

Syntraxx
Level 7
ill go try that..thanx for the tip.

To bad dint workt. keep getting hold up at EA start up windows.

in the bios i get the option to boot/csm auto ,enabled or disabled
launch csm enabled
Boot device control uefi and legacy oprom
boot from network legacy oprom first
boot from storage legacy oprom first
boot from pci-e/pci expres lagacy oprom first

This is the setting that i have now... windows boots but at the windows logo screen it gets stuck for about 30 seconds ( keyboard is off mouse is off)

i can choose between uefi only, legacy oprom or both
when i choose uefi only the computer boots up to bios again. if i choose another its boots up to bios again

Conners
Level 9
That's the same as mine are set. Under Advanced and Boot, what setting is Post boot delay time set to? I have 3 sec. I also disable fast boot, although for me it doesn't seem to really make a difference.

Sounds like to me its looking for something to load. What a person could do is a clean boot and see if it helps the problem. Here's a how to for Windows 8: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/23382-troubleshoot-problem-clean-boot-windows-8-a.html

A few other thoughts are check your boot order, I have my CD Rom 1st then SSD. If that doesn't make any difference try unplugging you CD Rom altogether and booting. That is if you even have one as it's not listed.
Good LucK...

Syntraxx
Level 7
hey,

Im using windows 7 so the instructions for windows 8 is not much use to me
since i have an NZXT S340 case there is no drive bay and i need to use a usb or portable drive.

My boot order is 1st SSD than CD it doesnt matter iff i plugg it out or not
tried to reflash my 2601 bios ..dint work either ...the guy im waiting for at asus ???pffff he still has to ship over i guess cause i havnt heard him since this morning ( or he prob. knows as much as i do)

well ill keep digging hoping to not have to RMA this .. man i hate RMA with Asus

Nate152
You could try a clear cmos and check that AHCI is selected in the Advanced tab, onboard device configuration.

Syntraxx
Level 7
hey nate,

I tried doing that and its already in AHCI mode,
but thanx for that.

The weird thing about all of this is ...its not Always hanging in AE sometimes it will just past it and startup normally
but i dont trust it ....i know it will be back again.

Syntraxx
Level 7
After a few day's thinking ..trying.. re-installing re-flashing im about to give up.. and think i need to RMA the MOBO..i cant seem to put my finger on the problem

I read about things like ram problems or GPU problems..but i guess that is not my issue..
like i said before..some times my pc runs from cold into windows and some times it hangs on the windows 7 logo.AE for 30-60 seconds and than load windows i just dont get it can it be that one of my HDD are bad? and bios thinks that its the primary one ? today i tryed to flahs the bios to an early one but no luck need some help really...and i cant believe no one else had this problem before and dint fixed it so dont be shy and help me

Nate152
it's possible another drive could be causing the hang, you could try removing all drives except the one the operating system is installed on and see if you still get the hang.

Also if you have any other devices connected besides your mouse and keyboard disconnect those as well.