cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few more new issues with this board, centered around ROG connect BIOS and CPU

Xaero
Level 8
ROG Connect has stopped working. On my laptop its an "Unknown Device" now and the software says "The connection is not available". The physical switch is turned on and in BIOS it says its Enabled.

My OC settings reset without me knowing. I had the multiplyer set to 17 on a minor overclock. It reverted back to the default. This is on a BE chip. Nothing else changed.

I get a CPU Fan warning on a cold boot. The fan does not start for a good 5 seconds or so when the computer first turns on. I have to press F1 and then leave bios to do a proper boot. The CPU fan works really well and the fan control software controls it very well. For whatever reason the board isn't telling the fan to spin quick enough. I do have the ASMedia SATA turned off for faster boot. Could that be the issue?

I have the new 0813 BIOS. I have also noticed that sometimes when moving from one selection to another it looks like you have two things selected. Gives this BIOS revision a very buggy feel.
4 REPLIES 4

Raja
Level 13
Try reinstalling the ROG connect software on the PC/laptop you are using to connect to the CVF. Also ensure it is the latest version (not sure if that has been updated).

You may need to increase the fan RPM a little if you have a profile set.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Try reinstalling the ROG connect software on the PC/laptop you are using to connect to the CVF. Also ensure it is the latest version (not sure if that has been updated).

You may need to increase the fan RPM a little if you have a profile set.

-Raja

I re-installed the ROG connect software and I think its the newest, ROGConnect_V10415_XpVistaWin7. Rebooted both computers and nothing. When I plug in the white ROG connect USB cable Windows 7 instantly says "USB Device Not Recognized". It shows up in control panel as Unknown Device. Everything else USB works fine.

With the fan issue, the CPU fan does not come on at all at first, as if the Asus board is not telling it to, then it comes on about 5 or so seconds later. Does not matter what profile it is, the Asus board is simply not telling the fan to "spin" on a cold boot. After that its either I have a profile or the fan runs at 100% all the time. Profile works perfect as it never goes over 50% speed to keep the CPU cool (35C is set to 50%, 40C is set to 75%, higher is 100%). So something is not right at POST.

Well, I figured out my ROG connect issue. My cat chewed on that really thin USB cable and punctured it. Will a standard male to male USB plug work as a replacement of the ROG cable?

I don't think that is the cause of the other issues except maybe the CPU multiplier reset (board noticed something wrong, ROG USB cable issue, and reset it?). The CPU ratio has not changed in the past few reboots and off/on's. Still get the CPU fan error as the fan is not turning on fast enough. Works fine otherwise.

Anyone else have any of these problems before?

Xaero wrote:
Well, I figured out my ROG connect issue. My cat chewed on that really thin USB cable and punctured it. Will a standard male to male USB plug work as a replacement of the ROG cable?

I don't think that is the cause of the other issues except maybe the CPU multiplier reset (board noticed something wrong, ROG USB cable issue, and reset it?). The CPU ratio has not changed in the past few reboots and off/on's. Still get the CPU fan error as the fan is not turning on fast enough. Works fine otherwise.

Anyone else have any of these problems before?

Use a male to male USB cable.

For the fan, do this:

Enter UEFI>Monitor>Fan Speed Control>CPU Q Fan Control = Enabled>Select Fan Type = PWM>CPU Fan Speed Low Limit = Ignored

Or set F1 halt to ignore in the Boot section of UEFI.

-Raja