cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3950x Fan expert temp reading

Mmuro010
Level 7
The issue I'm having I hate because everywhere I've been looking they call the behavior "normal" which is dumb to just accept that.

I have:
Ryzen 3950x H2O cooled with 6x240mm rads
2x 1080ti also in the loop

The difference between Ryzen Master and other monitoring applications is 10-20 degree difference (specifically in my case I'm thinking of ASUS fan expert)
This is what everyone is saying is normal. My uneducated thought is that if there is some point on my CPU that is 70c even though ryzen master will say the temp is 60, then my CPU is 70c.

Well than, lets say that other monitoring services are wrong and ryzen master is correct, my fans are connected to the motherboard that reads hotter, so if my temps are at 60c on ryzen master then my motherboard thinks temps are at 70c so my fans ramp up. ugh.....

Is anyone else having this issue?
Ryzen master says my idle temps are around 40c.
Under load RM will get in the 60's

Also the temps jump around in crazy amounts.... 40..55..50, 38.. 50...40.... for example. and that just sitting here watching RM.
6 REPLIES 6

AlexB121
Level 7
What board are you using ? If u are using x570 board like asus crosshair 8 formula the board will tell u on the live dash exactly ut temp....U can always download HWMonitor and check it there

AlexB121 wrote:
What board are you using ? If u are using x570 board like asus crosshair 8 formula the board will tell u on the live dash exactly ut temp....U can always download HWMonitor and check it there

ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme
all Firmware is up todate

HWMonitor reports the same as the motherboard, warmer than ryzen master.

AlexB121
Level 7
I would suggest a X570 board to be honest with u i kno asus said ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme works fine but i also have a Extreme but i opted for the X570 formula 8 and my temps are low and steady

AlexB121 wrote:
I would suggest a X570 board to be honest with u i kno asus said ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme works fine but i also have a Extreme but i opted for the X570 formula 8 and my temps are low and steady

I totally agree that it would be great to upgrade, but to spend $600 for steady temps, there has to be a way, that's why we're enthusiast right?

AlexB121
Level 7
Well i think its a nice upgrade u get PCIE 4.0 support and other good stuff but for that CPU i would grab that C8Formula or at least the CH8 Hero

FleischmannTV
Level 7
There is nothing wrong with your mainboard or CPU and buying a new one won't change anything. The reason for the temperature difference in Ryzen Master and the mainboard is that Ryzen Master is taking a different source, probably CPU Die (average), whereas the mainboard is polling from CPU (Tctl/Tdie). The latter is always the hottest spot on the CPU die and it is perfectly normal to change rapidly for Ryzen 3000 processors.

It doesn't matter if you have a 300 or 500 series chipset. The problem is that mainboard manufacturers haven't adjusted their fan control software to the constantly and rapidly changing temperatures on Ryzen 3000 CPUs, by not reacting to every single temperature change, even if it's just for a fraction of a second. If you buy Asus's most expensive X570 mainboard, you will experience the same problem. The only solution is to use 3rd party fan control software. Personally I think it's a shame that mainboard manufacturers still haven't adjusted their firmware. The CPUs are working perfectly fine and the fluctuating temperatures are perfectly normal. It's the fan control that shouldn't be so hyperreactive.