EK nickel + acetal full 290x block
EK RivE full motherboard block nickel + acetal
Koolance cpu-380i nickel block
Koolance HX-CU1020V radiator - 360mm
EK acetal spin reservoir
EK DCP 4.0 Pump
Soild black nickel fittings G1/4 10mm
Koolance low conductivity coolant (LIQ-705) 650 ml,s

and i have attached my current bios settings .
Any way please bear with me i don't type well :P. my vtt and vccsa is it too high as seen in the pics ? i have seen the data sheets for the 3930k and 1.4 seems to be the max but im sure that for crazy speeds. So i set my voltages to what they are as it was on auto for a while and they where at 1.35 on each almost every time i looked 😕 . So i thought that 1.15 would be safer and it's stable so far at 4.6ghz. but i have noticed in AI suit that it goes up to 1.18ish under load and the PLL is set to 1.87 in the bios rising to 1.9 in ai suit. My water cooling keeps the cpu at 58c with the current settings listed. and the motherboard has a full block. C setping is all at default and t probe is on. basically it was gamer mode with adjusted voltages ect. so what should i change in my bios ? for it to live longer 🙂 any help would be nice
6 REPLIES 6

Raja
Level 13
Datasheet is only for stock freqeuncy, not OC'd CPU.

In any case, you can probably lower both voltages down to 1V with DDR3-1600 and a single GPU.

kawasakizx10rr
Level 8
really so 1.1 v should be fine for 8 dimms at stock 1600 and 1 amd r9 290x ? and what do you mean that is the data sheet for stock . do you mean it can take more or less voltage applied to overclocking the cpu as in regards to the sheet

kawasakizx10rr wrote:
really so 1.1 v should be fine for 8 dimms at stock 1600 and 1 amd r9 290x ? and what do you mean that is the data sheet for stock . do you mean it can take more or less voltage applied to overclocking the cpu as in regards to the sheet

if the imc is a good sample or "strong", then it should be fine.the values in the datasheet are based on stock frequency only. The voltages shown in the datasheet are based on power and as power is proportional to frequency the values shown by Intel are not applicable to overclocked processors. You are outside the specification the voltages shown are for so the idea if you are concerned about safety is to run voltages as low as possible (while ensuring the system is stable).

kawasakizx10rr
Level 8
ok its at 4.6Ghz
at 1.15 vtt and 1.15 vcc. pll is 1.875 . ram 1.5 .

i have passed four 3d mark tests and a few hours of mmo games with no errors so far 🙂

www.3dmark.com/3dm/3407070
www.3dmark.com/3dm/3407010

Zero939
Level 7
I was able to run 4.7Ghz for 2 weeks with no crashes. Then all of a sudden it started freezing at the Windows 8 load screen on coldboots after 5+ hours of it being turned off.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26431-OC-fails-the-next-day-at-cold-boot&

I have 3930K + RIVE 4804 BIOS

Corsair H105

4x4GB Samsung 1600Mhz (the ram speed never matters with the crashes)

I've tried all sorts of settings. Manual voltage, med-high LLC and different levels of offset.

Anyway, what I typically ran that turned out to work when it did was:

1.15VTT
1.15 VCCSA
MED LCC + .60v offset cpu
1.8 PLL
cpu current capability 120%
120% vccsa regular llc

kawasakizx10rr
Level 8
hmm i have cpu load line calibration set to high , cpu current capability is 180% , vccsa load line calibration extreme , vccsa current capability 100% , vccsa fixed frequency 300hz , vrm over temp auto , cpu power phase control extreme , and finally T probe . It's very stable so far i have ran every bench mark i have played hours of mmo,s and two 1500 tickets on BF4 ultra 150% res with no crashes 🙂

Agreed tho zero939 i get that problem but i have not had the pc overclocked in a while so where see if i still get it. im sure it's just the Cmos corrupting the data over time. no biggie