cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the communication from ASUS about availability and production?

GravitySandwich
Level 7
Seriously ASUS? Where and when can we expect any kind of update from you guys. It has been months and all but silence. There are even rumours that the non-oc cards have been stopped for production and discontinued, even though there are many orders still open.

Stores get zero information from ASUS, Consumers get zero information from ASUS. What the hell is going on?

Other companies give many updates to their consumers via either their socials or the resellers. What does ASUS say? nothing, absolute silence.

Pre-ordered a Strix 3080 on launch day and i'm still stuck on position 1 out of 400+ since. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Edit: All stores in the netherlands have now stopped taking pre-orders for asus cards. is this really the quality and service we pay the premium for? no communication and no deliveries?
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
I understand your frustration. Nobody seems to have enough cards and it appears it will be that way for a while. FYI, this is a community forum so ASUS doesn't make any official statements here like what you're looking for. It's mostly other customers like us. Hopefully they send updates to preorders when there's solid info.

FWIW, ASUS and the other Nvidia partners don't make chips. Not everyone knows that. They can't make cards until they get chips from Nvidia so if you've seen updates elsewhere it's probably a ballpark estimate for most partner cards.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I understand your frustration. Nobody seems to have enough cards and it appears it will be that way for a while. FYI, this is a community forum so ASUS doesn't make any official statements here like what you're looking for. It's mostly other customers like us. Hopefully they send updates to preorders when there's solid info.

FWIW, ASUS and the other Nvidia partners don't make chips. Not everyone knows that. They can't make cards until they get chips from Nvidia so if you've seen updates elsewhere it's probably a ballpark estimate for most partner cards.

Thanks for your response. The thing is that other brands are delivering plenty of cards per week here. The only company that has not been delivering at all is ASUS. And it has been like this for weeks. I don't think nvidia wouldn't sell chips to only ASUS. My guess would be that all manufacturers get even distribution but i could be wrong.

It's just weird that some cards like the strix non-oc for example haven't even appeared at all. Even though they are being sold for preorder since september.