cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are you getting your 3080ti or 3090 (strix) at normal prices?

fed_olivera
Level 7
For the people who own this models, where are you getting them (not paying inflated prices)? I know about shortage of cards, but this models seems even harder to find than any others... I only can find a remote possibility in newegg shuffle, no other chance around... Let me know, thanks!
14 REPLIES 14

BillBittel
Level 12
I managed to get a TUF 3080 OC from Amazon for $1050 a few weeks ago. To be honest, I don't really know if that is "MSRP" now. I know this GPU was a lot cheaper when it was released. I also managed to get an MSI 3070TI from Best Buy online. I had to wait 2 weeks, then pick it up at my local store. Once the TUF 3080 order went through, I decided not to open the MSI box. After the TUF 3080 was actually in my hands, I drove back to Best Buy and returned the MSI 3070TI. Oh I thought about selling it on eBay but figured out that based on what that model was selling for, after sales tax, the eBay fee, and outbound shipping, I would have made maybe $10. The price spread between MSRP and eBay prices for the TI models does not seem to be that big. Scalping the card was not worth it, which tells me that supply is catching up with demand.

So just keep at it. Eventually you will be the one who gets through. Good Luck!

kubr0
Level 7
what is a normal price? Got my STRIX 3080Ti O12G for 2k € at a German retailer two months ago. Right now, at different DE retailers, it goes for around 1800 - 1900 €. Is that what you would call a normal price?

fed_olivera
Level 7
Thanks for the responses. I really don't know what is a MSRP for a 3080 Ti Strix. I'm looking for a 3 connector one like the strix. I could find (but could not catch em up because went out of stock) a 3080 Ti Strix on amazon (seller amazon) at the price of $ 1999. I find that price very high for a 3080 Ti, since MSRP for the 3090 Strix is around $ 2100. Is $ 1999 a reguar price for a 3080 Ti Strix?

kubr0
Level 7
the MSRP for the 3090 Strix WAS 2100€ before the prices started to grow (last November you could get the card for this price). Now it goes for around 2400 - 2500€ depending on the retailer. The MRSP hasn't changed since then I think, its just that the market and high demand dictates the price. 1999$ is on OK price for the 3080 Ti considering that its basically a 3090 with half the RAM, but not sure what its official MRSP is.

fed_olivera
Level 7
Well finally got a 3080 Ti Strix at $1850 plus taxes. I've been really following lots of places to get it. So ended up paying around 1950 total. I think it's a good price, since the 3090 is impossible to find it below 2230 + taxes. Pretty happy, hope I get a good sample with a good overclock potential. Thank you all.

I got lucky and found an online store that the scalpers and their bots overlooked. I got it at launch price, but I still had to pay the Australia Tax ($3400 AUD, about $2425 USD).

EightDeer wrote:
I got lucky and found an online store that the scalpers and their bots overlooked. I got it at launch price, but I still had to pay the Australia Tax ($3400 AUD, about $2425 USD).

So that pricing I imagine for a 3090 strix. I ended up grabbing a 3080 ti strix... Already shipped! 😄

BillBittel
Level 12
$1850 for a Strix 3080TI is a good price. MSRP on Best Buy is $1999.99. At least I think that is MSRP. Getting hard to tell since most online retailers have jacked their prices up. I think Best Buy is one of the few still selling for MSRP. They still sell the RTX 3080 FE for $699.99.

May I ask where you got one for $1850?

kubr0
Level 7
considering that nVidia just announced last Thursday that the shortage will continue throughout the whole year 2022, I think we all got a pretty sweet deal 🙂

happy gaming guys!