cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the perception of ASUS graphics card in your eyes

Mason
Level 10
Hello to everyone in the ROG community out there. Thanks for checking out my post and sharing your thoughts. The reason for this post is because ASUS branded graphics cards have recently become the #1 graphics cards on the market so I want to follow that up with a poll to see what you all think. As many of you are system builders/upgraders (I think that's a word), you represent a major group of our intended market and your input will be invaluable.

Being that this is a GeForce sub-forum, this poll will give us an idea as to what you think about our NVIDIA graphics cards compared to other vendors' NVIDIA cards. For the poll, choose the option for the vendor you think makes the best NVIDIA graphics card and then list who you think is 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th in a post. Aside from ranking your top NVIDIA card vendors, any other thoughts, comments, things you would like to see are of course more than welcome! 🙂

Thanks for voting!
47 REPLIES 47

ASUS nVidia GPUs are the best imho, but they are somehow more pricey here in Malaysia.
i7-2700K @ 4.4 GHz
Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3
2x4GB Mushkin 996997 2133MHz 9-11-10-28
Gigabyte GTX580 3GB
1TB 7200RPM Samsung HD103SJ
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Cooler Master GX 750W Bronze
CM Storm Enforcer
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Voted EVGA for a few reasons...

1. They usually chip with reference style cooler but allow to install 3rd party cooler without loosing warranty
2. Generally quality has been better, less RMA's by my hand.
3. Better applications

I bought two GTX 560 Ti TOP 1GB during summer 2011. Had a lot BSOD problems with SLI and bugs. Sold my old rig and kept other card. This card was damn noisy with original fan profile, made custom one where static 1800 rpm if under 70C, over 70C top speed (4500 rpm).

Well now two months back it started making artifacts, over drawing vectors etc and RMA'd it. Got entirely new one, sold it and bought new one from other brand because I was pretty upset with Asus Crosshair V Formula. Too long boot time. New systems boots is on desktop in 8 seconds! Asus motherboard needed 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Sooo personally I think Asus is starting to loose their edge in products development and application design. Those applications are ugly and pretty weird to use. UI is strange and not logical.
Romuluotain 9
Ryzen 3600, MSI B450M Mortar Max, 2x16GB DDR4, GTX 1080 Ti, ~10TB total storage (good bye ROG, for n...
Romuluotain 8
Dell XT3, Core i7-2620M, 2x4GB DDR3-1600MHz sodimm, 2TB SSD, Sierra wireless LTE, AX200 Wifi-6, Linux Mint

I have been an Asus product owner for years now. IMHO they are the cream of the crop. There was one of my purchased cards that made me wonder about the product and Asus. I owned their AX1650pro card a few years ago that almost had me switch manufacturers as the only way I could update drivers for that card was to flash the BIOS with a Saphire BIOS. Asus's bios would only allow their one update on their site and no others.
Since then I have owned a few newer models and have had great success with each of them. Currently I have the Matrix GTX580P and it performs excellent. I do have some worries about this card with the release of the new 3xx drivers although the latest 306.x driver seems to be working ok. Also, when I registered this card on Asus's VIP site, I was flabbergasted to see there was no entry for this card in the dropdown selection. One would think a card of this callibur and cost would be listed on their site's registration page. When I punched in the serial number of my card to allow the site to determine the product, it came back as being a netbook. WTF is up with that? Overall, I'm still sticking with Asus! 🙂
Intel i7 3960X Extreme @ 3.9GHz
Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme
Asus ROG Matrix GTX580 Platinum
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x4)x2 @2400MHz
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooled
OCZ Agility 3 256GB SSD (OS)
Seagate 2TB Sata3 6GB/S (Data)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64

ASUS then MSI. Awesome manufacturers.

I currently have the best impression with EVGA cards. But now that I just bought an Asus ROG G55 laptop, I am more curious about Asus GPUs.

I like the Asus cards because there is a backplate installed. Everyone else you have to buy them. A $20 usd upgrade

Plus the backplate offers rigidity and protects it from falling heatsink clips that can shorten out your graphics
card

01 Wolverine wrote:
I like the Asus cards because there is a backplate installed. Everyone else you have to buy them. A $20 usd upgrade

Plus the backplate offers rigidity and protects it from falling heatsink clips that can shorten out your graphics
card

Although eVGA gives you the option to buy them separate, they also make some models that include the backplate as well. That being said, I love the asus ROG cards 🙂

Palit Microsystems makes the best cards...

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/palit-gtx-780-ti-jetstream-oc-review-1600p-ul...
"Better to try and Fail, then not try at all" ~ Michael Jordan
favorite YouTuber - KDSTech - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz0zF8nTziWiBx3v6CNR3yw

I've owned a lot of eVGA and MSI cards in the past, but my more recent builds have been been including more Asus stuff, including video cards.

They are priced nicely, and I have found they are much more durable then other brands.

DooRules
Level 10
EVGA is my vote every time. And with their new warranty, you are able to transfer warranty to new buyer of card, very cool.
7980XE on Asus ApexVI
Zotac 2080Ti
Intel 900P
2 x Samsung 950 Pro
EVGA 1600W
Alienware 34"
Samsung 28" 4K