cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the perception of ASUS graphics card in your eyes

Mason
Level 10
Hello to everyone in the ROG community out there. Thanks for checking out my post and sharing your thoughts. The reason for this post is because ASUS branded graphics cards have recently become the #1 graphics cards on the market so I want to follow that up with a poll to see what you all think. As many of you are system builders/upgraders (I think that's a word), you represent a major group of our intended market and your input will be invaluable.

Being that this is a GeForce sub-forum, this poll will give us an idea as to what you think about our NVIDIA graphics cards compared to other vendors' NVIDIA cards. For the poll, choose the option for the vendor you think makes the best NVIDIA graphics card and then list who you think is 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th in a post. Aside from ranking your top NVIDIA card vendors, any other thoughts, comments, things you would like to see are of course more than welcome! 🙂

Thanks for voting!
47 REPLIES 47

chrisnyc75
Level 12
Just to add my 2 cents -- while I think Asus makes fantastic products across the board, I feel like they're slightly behind EVGA and MSI when it comes to graphics cards. The fact that Asus has basically just the one "stock" card while other resellers offer "Superclocked", "Lightning", "Classified", "FTW", "Dual Bios", etc leaves Asus in the background. I'd like to see Asus step up as a leader in the graphics card space they way they have in the motherboard space.
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

peteypete271
Level 7
I tend to stick with ASUS mainly because of the 3 year warranty ..and perhaps because I run an ASUS mobo. I know eVGA, MSI and Gigabyte also offer 3 years but other brands Leadtek, Palit, Galaxy, Gainward etc only offer 2 years.

EVGA offer a superior range for enthusiasts but I'm not into water cooling a card that will be updated within 2 years, I'll stick to reference - no strings attached quick swap.
LD PC-V10 Phase Change case - 3930K @5.1GHz offset +0.085v - SABERTOOTH X79 4404 - 4x 4GB RipjawsZ 2133MHz - 2x GTX 780-3GD5 in SLI - 2x 240GB Intel 520S's RAID0 - 2TB WD Black & 60GB 520S caching - 2x 2TB WD Black's - Xonar Phoebus - Win PRO 8.1 64-bit - Antec HCP-1200 - 3x Dell U2711's - BlackWidow Ultimate & Imperator 2012 - Z623 - ATH-AD700 & beyerdynamic MMX 2 headset

MartinDraganov
Level 7
I've been wondering what ASUS is doing as far as the graphics card area of gaming. Correct me if I am wrong but I have a feeling that ASUS used to have the best and fastest cards several years ago. Nowadays, I feel like they are lagging behind. That is of course my personal opinion but I will try to explain why I feel that is so. Every time a new card hits the market, ASUS is not the first to come out with a special cooler. The clock speeds are also lagging behind significantly when compared to other brands. Freshest example - the Poseidon card. Granted, it is a new way to cool your card but other companies have been out with GHz cards for a while now and why would anyone really want to purchase a card that is $100 more expensive (according to some people on the forums... i expect it to be more than that) than a regular 780. Also, the MARS760 - as cool as that card is, and I would love to get my hands on one, i can't justify a $150 premium just because it has a glowing MARS logo on it. MARS is also 2x2GB when it could easily have been a beast which would justify the extra cash if it was 2x4GB. That being said, I feel like ASUS is a bit slow to the market and has been taking the easy way out, relying heavily on the already existing cult of ROG'ers.
P.S. I almost picked up an EVGA SC ACX for xmas for $500 which is clocked at 967MHz out of the box. I would have had to buy a backplate (another $25) but it still ends up being cheaper than the $550 OC card from ASUS (a mere 889MHz clock). I do love playing around and OC'ing the GPU but it's kinda nice to know you're getting another 5-10% performance increase right out of the box. I seriously hope ASUS steps it up and at least matches the performance of EVGA cards roughly at the same time as those are released. I won't even bring up Galaxy's HOF cards. Seriously though... ASUS=EVGA>MSI>Galaxy>Zotac, etc. Or at least that's how I feel it SHOULD be.
~ ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe/GEN3 ~ Intel 2600K @ 4.6GHz ~ Corsair H80 ~ 8GB Corsair Vengeance ~
~ EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid ~ Samsung 850Pro 512GB ~ WD Black 2TB ~
~Corsair HX1050 PSU ~ Corsair Graphite Series 600T White ~

sk2play
Level 13
I've owned ATI back in the 8500 days and jumped to BFG nVidia 285, then EVGA nVidia 465, 580, 670ftw and recently today got a Gigabyte 780ti GHz ed. The reason I passed up Asus was OC'ing percentage out of the box, not quality per say. EVGA has serious coil whine issues presently with their ACX cards including Classified so I abandon them. Asus, Gigabyte and MSI were under my radar as good quality cards. Gigabyte only won out due to it's OC out of box.
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

abvolt
Level 11
I've never owned an asus vga but I will say this they are one of the best looking cards out..
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

redlinezak
Level 7
I thought i would post here as a total newbie.
I cant really add much to the comparison part of this but i just bought a gigabyte GTX780 GHz edition.
Knowing pretty much nothing about graphics cars i went for one that looked nice (had the backplate installed and it was also the 'fastest' or most overclocked one i could see.
I also made sure i could get water colling plates for it as i want to go this way in the future.

From reading the replieshere it appears that gigabyte is not one of the top cards so maybe i will come unstuck at a later time although it seems to be working well at the moment.

Thanks

EDIT : After a bit more research it seems the watercooling options for the GHz edition are very limited so i may have made an expensive mistake on that front.

ATINUT
Level 7
Really like my ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 cards, which are in SLI. They've been holding up well in Diablo 3 and games like Skyrim, with all the graphic options maxed out. I even like that the cards come preoverclocked from ASUS, even though it isn't that high of an overclock.
ASUS Z87 Deluxe/i7 4770/16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1333/Crucial C300 128GB SSD/3 harddrives/2 optical drives/2 ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5/Antec DF-30 case/ Viewsonic VX2753mh/Win7 64bit Ultimate - nothing overclocked

DjRavix
Level 10
I Have A ASUS GTX 670 DCII Top Card in my current Rig And I just Like it
I used to have an other Asus Card But it Died ... Problems with My old Mainboard (Witch I Now Replaced with An ASUS RIVBE)
The Card Was Replaced Quickand easy with A similar Priced card (ASUS GTX 670 DCII Top)

I Had A LOT of Different Graphics Cards over the years ... Lot of Diamond Cards and even A Few 3DFX Cards

For my previous build Witch was quite a while ago) I Got Myself A EVGA 8800GT SSC witch was a nice card for around the €500
But unforgettably it seemed to be Clocked at Stock 8800GT Speed Witch made me RMA it to EVGA
After some time went by they Finally send me a Replacement ... A 8800GTX (the new G92 Version)
You might think that I was happy with That and at that Time ... I might have been A bit ...
However Just Before I Wanted to Build My New Rig The 8800GTX Broke ...
So ... Since this was a Card with 10 Year Warranty it was another RMA To EVGA
So ... I Expected to get A Card that was Equal or Better than the Card I Bought
and Also would at that time be in Line with the type of Card I Actually Bought
So I Expected EVGA to send me A High end card witch ...

Trust me ... If nowadays I Walk into Somebody Who works for that ****ing Company I Will Probably Want to Kill the Mother****er
There Warranty is So Danm Horrible ... I Recommend Everybody to Never Ever Buy EVGA There Crap

They had the Darn Guts To Send me A Mid Range card ... And Not a very good one ether
A GTX460 with 768MB of Vram and a Tiny little cooler on it that blows air over it (Unlike the EE Version)
This is also A FPB Version Witch means that with A Patch It will be running a Little Bit Faster and Make the FAN Run Higher than 70%
Witch to me makes no sense at all (Especially that the cooling Fan Could never run Higher than 70% at all)
And the Worst part of it all is That I have Actually got a version that is Listed to be Patched With The FPB Patch However On Mine it doesn't Work

It's still under warranty ... However I have not Tried to Request An other RMA For it
The Simple reason for this is that I Actually Don't Know What Kind of Garbage They will send me back
Maybe I should just ask for A Refund

So To Put it short ...
- They Sold me A Stock Overclocked SSC Card That Was not running at the overclocked Speeds
- They made me wait a few months before they got me a Replacement
- The New card Eventually died
- The Card That I had Got Replaced by a cheap Midrange Card witch till today doesn't function up to its Specs

I Just hope Nobody else Get Screwed by EVGA
I Just Should have bought A ASUS or MSI Card back Then (I Actually Have A MSI Geforce 6xxx Series Card That Actually still works)
ASUS Maximus 13 Extreme
Intel i9 11900K
Corsair Dominater Platinum RGB
Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
2 X Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Corsair AX1200I
EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial - (incl. 2x pump)
XSPC RX480 + XSPC RS280
4 X Corsair SP120 PWM OEM Fans
2 X Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM
2 X Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap
2 X Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap
1 X Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap