cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Disappointed with ASUS (RMA)

MajorZero
Level 7
So where do I begin? I've been having an issue with my computer for a while, i've been getting computer freezes while playing video games on my PC. So, I tested EVERYTHING. I ran memtest86 on both my memory sticks and they had no errors and passed all tests completely fine, re-seated components, made sure temps were right and they were good, checked hard drives and tested them and they were good. Ran prime95 on all tests for 48 hours with my CPU, flawless, I also upgraded to a high quality PSU to see if that was the problem, and the errors still occured, and reinstalled windows and drivers countless times. So it came down to the motherboard and the GPU (ASUS Z170-A and the GPU is the 970 Strix). I RMA'd the motherboard first, they couldn't find anything wrong with it, so ok, time to send in my GPU then and they problem will be fixed... except they didn't do anything. They make you fill out a paper on what's wrong with your product, so I told them that my GPU is unstable, makes PC freeze during gameplay and sometimes has had artifacts, I also mentioned that my GPU's fans were bad, it sounds like a waterfall when they're all 30%. So I sent it in to the location located in California, like they asked. I get an email five days later, "This product was sent to the wrong location and is being sent to another location for repair". Ok, doesn't seem like a big deal, but why not give me the right address the first time? I also tested out my machine playing games with another GPU i borrowed, and it was flawless, I was able to play games with no freezes and it was great! So I now know completely I had a bad card, and hopfully it will be fixed. They sent it to the "right" location for free so i'm not to much on the edge about it. It gets there after 5 days, cool. After 3 days of it being there I get an email saying my GPU is getting sent back, sweet! So i'm pretty happy, maybe now I can finally enjoy my PC and play video games, right? Well, when I get it back and put it back in my system, I noticed while my PC booted on, my GPU still had that bad fan noise, I was a little bit irritated, but I stayed on the good side, as long as it doesn't freeze my system while playing games, I don;t mind if my fans sound bad. I play games for about 3 hours, and boom, the problem happened again, so I just reinstalled the drivers again and continued. after the second time of playing games, the freeze happened again, and now i'm very disappointed. I don't even think this department (their jeffersonville, in loaction btw) even did anything. I feel like they just repackaged it in a new box and sent it back. I feel like a joke to ASUS now, I used to love their products, they make great stuff, except for this graphics card in my possession. I've never had a bad process with a company like this until now, i'm very disappointed with ASUS and have no idea what to do now, would like to ask the community for help, it would be appreciated. Thanks for reading this
3 REPLIES 3

brkkab123
Level 7
!: Try downloading the most recent Nvidia drivers for your 970 and o.s. New ones were released last week for Forza Horizon. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us If the problem still persists contact Asus Support and demand to speak to a Supervisor and explain to him, that they didn't fix your video card and that you know it's the video card, as you tried another video card and the problem was gone.
Also, let them know you'll be contacting all news channels on tv and major newspapers.
I guarantee, that will get results fast, as they'll lose business and the holiday's aren't that far off. Also let them know you'll be turning them into the U.S. Better Business Bureau. www.bbb.org
Also send emails to all computer magazine editors and let customer service know you did it already.
pcgamer.com (Maximum PC is part of it now - website wise), computerpoweruser.com (CPU Magazine), pcworld.com (PC World) and pcmag.com (PC Magazine).

Bahz
Level 12
I'm sorry to hear about the experience, I doubt that the service team did nothing, I can definitely help follow up on this case and find out what tests were done with the card and if they replaced or repaired your card. Please send me a private message with the following details:

Full name:
Phone#:
Email:
RMA#/CaseID:
S/N on graphics card:

Once I have all this information then I'll follow up on this case as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Bahz

Bahz wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about the experience, I doubt that the service team did nothing, I can definitely help follow up on this case and find out what tests were done with the card and if they replaced or repaired your card. Please send me a private message with the following details:

Full name:
Phone#:
Email:
RMA#/CaseID:
S/N on graphics card:

Once I have all this information then I'll follow up on this case as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Bahz

Sent you a message.