cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEFI GOP VBIOS For *Asus GTX Titan*

murk00
Level 7
I am wanting to know if there is a UEFI GOP VBIOS yet that will work with my Asus GTX Titan in SLI.

I have the Asus Maximus V Extreme Z77 motherboard.

I would really like this quick boot feature, and these are the highest-end Asus Products you offer on both motherboard and videocard.
7 REPLIES 7

CoD511
Level 8
I've read that UEFI GOP is with all Titans by default, the only card to do so. See some things like this which makes it confusing but EVGA cards definitely do as I got a confirmation to a direct question from their rep Jacob on Twitter. Might be a possibility that it's manufacturer dependant instead of standardized handouts for the BIOS :confused:
Intel i7 3930k @ 4.6GHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA GTX Titan | Triple 120hz Samsung | Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD | 16GB Samsung DDR3 | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 | Razer Ouroboros

mark0409mr01
Level 7
Can you shed anymore light on where you read about UEFI GOP being a standard feature of the Titan as I would be interested to read more about this.

Thanks

mark0409mr01 wrote:
Can you shed anymore light on where you read about UEFI GOP being a standard feature of the Titan as I would be interested to read more about this.

Thanks

Sorry, by the amount of information I absorb from the internet per day, I don't have room enough to remember sources 😞 I heard it from more than a few places though. The following tweet was received from the EVGA Rep in reply though:

In the meantime, I also had my EVGA Titan arrive and very confident of it having GOP capability. I can perform all features such as the fast boot, enabling secure boot (supposedly requiring GOP from memory) and my resolutions are being correctly projected, if not some tweaked elements potentially. Lot happier to see that BIOS boot logo smoothed out and scaled correctly, heh. Also a minor technicality, but the X79 ROG series are the "highest end" products they offer.
Intel i7 3930k @ 4.6GHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA GTX Titan | Triple 120hz Samsung | Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD | 16GB Samsung DDR3 | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 | Razer Ouroboros

Hi,

Use latest nvflash (from Anandtech) to determine if the BIOS is UEFI capable. I think it was with command "version" (i.e. nvflash.exe --version). You can first use --list to see how it recognises your adapters. There is very brief txt file in the nvflash with all options explained.

Hope this helps

Cherrs
CPU: Intel i7 3770k;
MB: ASUS MVE;
RAM: 8GB Corsar Vengeance LP 1600;
Video: ASUS GTX 690
PSU: Seasonic 1250W Gold
SSDs: 120GB Corsair Force GT; 240GB OCZ Agility 3;
Sound: Creative Titanium HD;
Case: CM HAF 922
Cooling: CM 612s chassis, modded 2x Noctua NF-F12 push-pull fans;
Case fans: 3x120 Scythe GTs; 1x200 CM; 1x140 Noctua NF-A14;
Fan Controller: Lamptron FC Touch;
Monitor: Iiyama 24" 1200p

Hey,

Thanks for this, I appreciate it's difficult to always remember sources of information. Well at least EVGA seem to be offering support for UEFI GOP in addition to ASUS with the 680 series, and hopefully soon other series of cards 670,660 etc.

Thanks

CoD511
Level 8
Unusual that this seems vendor specific for the Titans, since they're all reference boards and even all clocked the same besides ones of the EVGA series, only reason being if Nvidia didn't provide the files with it included, a bit strange if so :confused: Hopefully a more reliable, universal application of this is spread around. Would love for Microsoft to update the boot EFI files for Windows 7 for some smooth/better graphical action, went from 8 to 7 and wrong resolution for my BIOS again 😞 Also a disadvantage being with CSM enabled, notably longer boot.

jezjohnson
Level 10
Would like to see the UEFI GOP bios soon, my Titan is arriving in the next few days.