cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEFI GOP Fast Boot VBIOS for ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 660 ti

tidalwade
Level 7
I have the ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 660 ti running on an MSI Z77 motherboard that supports Windows 8 Fast Boot.

I am also running Windows 8 Pro.

I would like to obtain a VBIOS for this card that will support Fast Boot.

Could anyone, preferably someone from ASUS (though information from others also welcom), comment on the current or expected availability of such a BIOS for this card?

TIA
56 REPLIES 56

tidalwade
Level 7
According to what ASUS tech support has told me directly via email, ASUS does not have a UEFI GOP BIOS for the TI-DC2-2GD5 GTX 660 ti, and gave no indication that they plan on providing one in the future (see msg from ASUS below).

Meanwhile, EVGA and MSI do seem to be providing UEFI GOP compatible BIOSes for their Kepler-based cards now, based on threads I see going in their respective customer forums. So, I hope ASUS releases UEFI GOP BIOSes soon.

Dear Sir/Lady,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Carol and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

For the problem, GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 doesn't support UEFI. It is Legacy BIOS.

If you have another problem, please get contact with us ASAP.

Best Regards,
Carol
ASUS Customer Service

It seems to be a nice card otherwise, and runs cool and quiet.

Thomas
Level 10
I will try to help you.

Can you please install 'GPU Tweak' and select the "VBIOS" tab which is located under the "Live Update" section. You will then see a BIOS String, please provide me with that (it will look like GTX680 VB Ver 80.04.09.00.AS11)
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Thanks, Thomas. The BIOS on my card is GTX660 VB Ver 80.04.4B.00.AS08

Praz
Level 13
Thomas, this is good news if you will be able to get something moving on proper GOP support. Motherboard manufacturers advertise 2 second boot times for Win8 as a big selling point. Yet not one of them provide GOP support out of the box for the video cards they sell nor do they state these boot times are not possible without GOP.

Thanks, Thomas. My BIOS is GTX660 VB Ver 80.04.4B.00.AS08

ZooMas
Level 7
I am interested in this too. I have a ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2OG-2GD5, and would like to get UEFI VBIOS for it so I could use Fast Boot. I'm running the GPU on a Asus P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard.
The VBIOS on my card are GTX660 VB Ver 80.04.4B.00.AS07
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz 8GB x 2
GPU: Asus GTX 660Ti OC Edition
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooling: Corsair H100i
PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W
Case: Cooler Master 690 Advanced II White

I have 2 GTX 660 Tis. one is DC2O (OC Edition), and the other is the DC2T(TOP OC). I have flashed both with the newest(non EUFI) TOP BIOS. Now both show up as a DC2T vcard. They are identical. I done a lot of reading on it before I got the nerve to actually do it. I had to be sure that the BIOS was the only difference. I am running Win 7 x64 and I am interested in the EUFI VBIOS, but I am nervoous about doing it. Mainly because of the fact that it is irreversible. Also, is it safe to update while in SLI? I did with the legacy vbios, it asks which card you want to update and you select them via 1 or 2.
**i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz~ Cooler Master V8 ~ Asus Maximus V Formula ~ G Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3-1600 ~ Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze ~ Kingston HyperX 3K 120G SSD ~ 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB
~ WD 500GB ~ 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti TOP 2GB ~ Philips 1080p 39"**

[IMG][/IMG]

WeRNothiNg wrote:
I have 2 GTX 660 Tis. one is DC2O (OC Edition), and the other is the DC2T(TOP OC). I have flashed both with the newest(non EUFI) TOP BIOS. Now both show up as a DC2T vcard. They are identical. I done a lot of reading on it before I got the nerve to actually do it. I had to be sure that the BIOS was the only difference. I am running Win 7 x64 and I am interested in the EUFI VBIOS, but I am nervoous about doing it. Mainly because of the fact that it is irreversible. Also, is it safe to update while in SLI? I did with the legacy vbios, it asks which card you want to update and you select them via 1 or 2.

I would recommend that you do the same step like aznsteil. for your Top Edition use this BIOS 80.04.4B.00.94 for the OC Edition use this BIOS 80.04.4B.00.5B only use them if the products are from ASUS. You need to flash each cards separately. After flashing the both BIOS's, flash each card the asusuefi.exe separately.

Thomas
Level 10
OK, please stand by for an update guys 🙂
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK