cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEFI GOP Fast Boot VBIOS for ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 660 ti

tidalwade
Level 7
I have the ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 660 ti running on an MSI Z77 motherboard that supports Windows 8 Fast Boot.

I am also running Windows 8 Pro.

I would like to obtain a VBIOS for this card that will support Fast Boot.

Could anyone, preferably someone from ASUS (though information from others also welcom), comment on the current or expected availability of such a BIOS for this card?

TIA
56 REPLIES 56

Thomas@Asus wrote:
OK, please stand by for an update guys 🙂

wonder what this means: Did the first posters recieve a PM with a new BIOS, or is a new BIOS coming in the next days, if so how (PM or public)

Why not release it publically with a big warning that it will brick the card for people who do not know what they do?

BTW, I have a different card with BIOS 80.04.19.00.AS03 (GTX 670)

No we haven't recieved any PM's yet.
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz 8GB x 2
GPU: Asus GTX 660Ti OC Edition
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooling: Corsair H100i
PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W
Case: Cooler Master 690 Advanced II White

Thomas@Asus wrote:
OK, please stand by for an update guys 🙂

I also have the ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2OG-2GD5 with the same Vbios as Zoomas.

My system: http://www.sysprofile.de/id93748

I am very interested in a GOP-capable VBios. I hope you can help us Thomas!

Best regards,
vrtz

mirecek1965
Level 7
I also vote for UEFI GOP compatible bios, my card is ASUS GTX 660 Ti DC2O-2GD5, bios 80.04.4B.00.5B (P2004-0001). Thank you.

Praz
Level 13
From another thread yesterday.

SUKARA@ASUS wrote:
For avoiding some serious compatibility issues(e.g. no post, black screen) with some legacy BIOS otherboard
So,now we have no plan to provide UEFI VBIOS suppor

Praz wrote:

Yeah, what a joke. I am using now an UEFI MSI BIOS from Techpowerup, modified with Kepler BIOS Editor and some manual Hex editing...as if this is safter...

Terence_13 wrote:
Yeah, what a joke. I am using now an UEFI MSI BIOS from Techpowerup, modified with Kepler BIOS Editor and some manual Hex editing...as if this is safter...

I would like to hear an anwser from Thomas about the current situation. I don't see the problem of them providing us these VBIOS via PM's if they don't want them public. We all have motherboards that support fast boot.

Praz wrote:

That was my thread and I agree with the others. What a disappointing answer. I thought ASUS liked to position itself as a go to brand for enthusiasts and power users, but weak moves like this when other card manufacturers are providing a GOP compatible UEFI VBIOS say otherwise. I'm still within the return period at Fry's, so I'm considering returning my ASUS card and replacing it a equivalent (and lower priced, I might add) MSI 660ti card. MSI has made their UEFI VBIOS available.

That or ASUS needs to be willing to provide a better explanation, such as they are still working on a better, more compatible UEFI VBIOS because the one they have is beta/flawed/not ready for prime time.

My experience with ASUS has sadly always been the same. Stellar engineering and manufacturing, weak firmware and support. I'm sad to find that this time is no different.

ZooMas
Level 7
Still waiting on that reply from Thomas...

Push!

I hope someone can give us good news. Atleast a small info if we can get a GOP-VBios or not would be really nice.

Best regards