cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF RTX 3080 hotspot high temps

Picoooka
Level 9
Last 20 days hotspot with open case and no heating in room 100c.. i worried about the big difference between gpu and hotpsot 30+c .. i would like to ask for an expert opinion and suggestion.... thank you.

Before the hotspot problem :

Note: used for one year for gaming, not mining.
5 REPLIES 5

BenchAndGames
Level 10
Now thats very weird if this thing happaned from one day to another.

Anyway open case is not the best for airflow, you will improve thermals with a high airflow case, but definitly this is not the reason of you problem.

I should say to repaste it, but if is under waranty...is more dificult

Picoooka
Level 9
I have to keep the case open and turn off the heat in the room because otherwise the hotspot is over 100c

II am concerned about this difference between GPU and hotspot 30-33c .. supposedly 10-15c is normal.

It would be nice to hear the opinion of someone from Asus so that i can forward this information for RMA in my state.

Picoooka
Level 9
Today hotspot 103c and 96c memory after 3h in Dying light 2 😞 condition is getting worse day by day.

Same is happening to my Tuf 3080, last few days the fans were ramping to max no matter what curve i set. The gpu temp was always under 60 in games and production loads.
Checked hotspot and saw 106 deg.

Did you rma?

Cuddy63
Level 7

I have the same thing with my 3080 tuf gaming (1 rev). I even repasted it (arctic mx-4) and changed thermal pads (thermalright valor odin). I have good performance but fans are really loud. With graphics card fully loaded i've got 104 hot spot and 80 degrees on chip :'( Does anyone know if the surface of the radiator is nickel-plated? I want to experiment with liquid metal thermal compound.