cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with GTX 780: Locked on 575 MHZ

iWasted
Level 7
Okay, this is my first time posting on these forums so I'll just get to the point:

I have a GTX 780 Direct CU II OC 3 GB. The thing is, the GPU Tweak software shows 941 MHZ boost clock. In CPU-Z and OCCT it says 575 MHZ and nothing else. It doesn't move a bit when I'm playing a game (BF4 in this case). How do I fix this? I've put the power mode from adaptive to full within the Nvidia Control Panel.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

I have an i7 4770K overclocked to 4.2 Ghz. A Maximus VI Hero and 8 GB of Corsair RAM at 2133Mhz.
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hi iWasted, Welcome to the ROG forum. I would say it is one of two things. It is either a driver problem or some confliction going on between your monitoring programs. only use one program to show your values. Try installing driver 332.21. Check the box that says advanced/custom install then check the box that says perform a clean installation.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi iWasted, Welcome to the ROG forum. I would say it is one of two things. It is either a driver problem or some confliction going on between your monitoring programs. only use one program to show your values. Try installing driver 332.21. Check the box that says advanced/custom install then check the box that says perform a clean installation.

Hey Nate152,

Thank you for initially responding. I've tried reinstalling to 332.21 and perform a clean install - however, it still doesn't get any higher than 525 MHZ. Any other solutions? I've also tried having only one program running that shows me my values.

Nate152

iWasted
Level 7
I've used GPU-Z to see my clock, it did show normal values and reacted normally when I tuned it up on Precision X as well as trying it out on ASUS GPU Tweak.

I guess my problem is solved.

Nate152
You can use the on screen display in precision x to show your gpu speed when playing a game to be sure.