cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stutters with 2080 ti and G-sync

Deuce921
Level 7
I've been having an issue with my 2080 ti. I am experiencing continual microstutters in games. In some, like Destiny 2, it's barely noticeable visually, but I can feel it because I'm getting twitched around in ways that I am not moving. Details of the issue are as follows. I've added more recent troubleshooting tips down below. I've tried everything I can think of, and everything that's been suggested, to no affect.

My Request: Looking for someone that can help me take a diagnostic sample and more precisely pinpoint what's causing the issue. Also curious, are there any known issues with this card that might fix what I'm experiencing?

Computer Type: Custom Desktop Build

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti DirectX 12 ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-11G-GAMING 11GB 352-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

CPU: i7 8700k, overclock to 4.7 at 1.25 vcore

Motherboard: MSI z370-A Pro, Current BIOS 7B48v2A

RAM: Corsair 16gb (2x8) @ 2666 mhz, XMP enabled

PSU: Corsair HX 850 Platinum

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 version 1909, 64-bit

GPU Drivers: 441.87, clean install

Monitor: AW3418DW with overclock enabled (120hz) connected via DP, second monitor is 24" ASUS connected via HDMI (120hz)

Description of Problem: I'm experiencing a lot of microstuttering while playing Destiny 2 with G-sync enabled, particularly in populated areas and combat (i.e. pvp, co-op PVE). They are not a constant microstutter (i.e. non-stop), but very frequent when moving/in combat (every 2-3 seconds). In some areas, I can get periods of really smooth performance, but it's stuttery more often than not. Issue was also noticeable in COD: Modern Warfare (just campaign play).

Troubleshooting:

I performed a fresh Windows 10 install to alleviate some other issues that had been occurring.

Applied various performance settings (performance power mode, turned off Game Bar/notifications/data sharing).

Have changed Nvidia settings and game settings to the BlurBusters G-Sync 101 recommendations.

Have tested at both overclocked and standard refresh rates (120/100 respectively), with no noticeable differences.

In game FPS limiter set to 117/97 in both tests. The microstutters occur even in situations where the framerate counter is locked and shows no drops or change to dps. Problem occurs with GPU at a constant 80% usage and CPU at 40%.

Turned off all overclocks.

ISLC running in the background (performed about 9 clears in a 1.5 hour period)

Disconnected second monitor

Set g-sync to fullscreen and windowed, and back to just full screen.

Disable Windows Antivirus

Turn off all RGB/Hardware monitoring programs.

Disable Fullscreen optimization

Performed driver reinstall (advanced clean install), then performed a DDU wipe and fresh install.

Turned on variable refresh rate in Windows 10.
0 REPLIES 0