cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix OC 3090 RGB

fly4beer
Level 7
Hi,

are you guys able to get color gradients on the light bar? On my end only the default rainbow show color different colors at the same time. Using Aura Sync I only get the same color over the full lenght of the lightbar. (Rainbow, Pattern) There also seem no way to select the default rainbow.

Cpt. Breitling
18 REPLIES 18

fly4beer wrote:
I get the original gradient back after power off, switch off psu or remove cord, wait a minute before switching back on.

never remove or plug in the cord when then psu ist turned on.

simsim86 wrote:
never remove or plug in the cord when then psu ist turned on.

Agreed, was somehow thinking in case there is no switch.. but well thinking about it, never seen such one. Thanks!

Is anyone able to control/address the RGB as multizone besides the default gradient?
(not just a single color over the whole bar)

fly4beer wrote:
Agreed, was somehow thinking in case there is no switch.. but well thinking about it, never seen such one. Thanks!

Is anyone able to control/address the RGB as multizone besides the default gradient?
(not just a single color over the whole bar)

No it is defintley broken. The default gradient currently is the only multiple colour choice. All the other rainbow effects default to colour cycle. Other thrid party programs such as Icue also only pick up the card as "single zone led"

So I think I figured this out!

I only tried this after the 12/15 updates available in Armory Crate, not sure if you need them or not.

But, what you need to do is unsync the GPU from the rest of the aura sync devices. On the aura sync tab you can uncheck the box for the Strix, and then if you go to the Device tab on the left (keyboard/mouse icon) you can select the Strix in there and it has its own set of lighting effects including the multi-zone rainbow.

Seems like Aura Creator doesn't have all of the effects yet so maybe they need to update that, but at least it seems to be available in Armory Crate now.

sonicice wrote:
So I think I figured this out!

I only tried this after the 12/15 updates available in Armory Crate, not sure if you need them or not.

But, what you need to do is unsync the GPU from the rest of the aura sync devices. On the aura sync tab you can uncheck the box for the Strix, and then if you go to the Device tab on the left (keyboard/mouse icon) you can select the Strix in there and it has its own set of lighting effects including the multi-zone rainbow.

Seems like Aura Creator doesn't have all of the effects yet so maybe they need to update that, but at least it seems to be available in Armory Crate now.

Not working

Please add the ability to set different colors for the LED's, the asus software only allows one single color for all the LED's which is silly

m4ttjirm
Level 7
Yes it would be nice if we had control over the full argb spectrum in armoury crate. When it is synced with the rest of your system the whole light bar of the 3xxx series strix cards are all one color. The only way to get it all not one solid color is to un-sync from the rest of the system, and let it go solo rainbow mode on it's own. Everything else is just color cycle and ALL colors the SAME color at once. Thanks.

For example, if you use starry night sequence or any sequence, light bar is all one color at once. You don't get the individual lights across the bar and don't have the full addressable feature.

mixsetup
Level 7

I'm having the same problem, it is currently not possible to have a color gradient on a 30 series Strix GPU RGB, while having the GPU synced with Armory Crate Aura Sync. When it is synced with the rest of your system the whole light bar of the 30 series Strix cards are one solid color (color cycle). The only way to get the GPU LEDs all not one solid color is to un-sync from the rest of the system, and let it go rainbow mode on its own, and there is no other color gradient option. Everything else is just color cycle and all GPU LEDs the SAME color at once.

Chances are you paid big money to get your hands on a 30 series GPU in todays market, and even more money to get a shiny Strix version, only to find that the software is not working as advertised.

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE!