cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX-GTX1070-O8GB-GAMING can't finish Firestrike Test

Ganie_B
Level 7
My 1070 is having some issues with Firestrike benchmark test. The Gaming and OC mode works ok but if I turn up the OC even a little bit, I always get an error message "Test run cancelled by user". Since I bought this card last July, I wasn't able to finish a complete run of Firestrike except on preset OC modes.

I went online and search for the problem and I stumble upon TdrDelay fix and set it to 8 but I am getting a different error saying that "application blocked from accessing graphics hardware" and if I delete the TdrDelay entry on Regedit, I get back the "Test run was cancelled..." error.

Can anyone please guide me on how to deal with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Here's my setup: i7-4790K, Strix 1070, ASRock Z97 Extreme 6, EVGA 750w Gold, running on 34" 3440x1440p Ultrawide screen.

4 REPLIES 4

Lacan
Level 7
1070/1080's are for the most part already overclocked to the max leaving little to no head room for additional overclocking. That's why many just leave it on OC mode. However I did notice with the latest 372 series drivers, they are hampering overclocking of any kind. What was perfectly stable before was not with 372 series. Reverting back to the 368.81 solved this and can pass 3dmark etc with blinding colors.

Nate152
Hi Ganie_B

You need to increase the voltage when overclocking, there is a guide at the bottom of my post. 🙂

Nvidia driver 372.70 is working fine for me.

emsir
Level 8
Ganie_B wrote:
My 1070 is having some issues with Firestrike benchmark test. The Gaming and OC mode works ok but if I turn up the OC even a little bit, I always get an error message "Test run cancelled by user". Since I bought this card last July, I wasn't able to finish a complete run of Firestrike except on preset OC modes.

I went online and search for the problem and I stumble upon TdrDelay fix and set it to 8 but I am getting a different error saying that "application blocked from accessing graphics hardware" and if I delete the TdrDelay entry on Regedit, I get back the "Test run was cancelled..." error.

Can anyone please guide me on how to deal with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Here's my setup: i7-4790K, Strix 1070, ASRock Z97 Extreme 6, EVGA 750w Gold, running on 34" 3440x1440p Ultrawide screen.

Your card is overclocked by default, so why do you want to overclock it more? You will not notice any improvement, just creating problems. Be happy with your card as it is. If you want improvements you should have bought 1080. Why do people create problems and then think there is something wrong with the card? Stupid.

How Much OC are you applying to get the crash? remember that the Strix OC is already OCed in BIOS to 1835Mhz ... so the max you can achieve with these cards on average is +50 or +60 to up to 1885Mhz effective, with GPU boost 3.0 taking it to about 2050Mhz ... anything more than that you are likely to crash in FireStrike 2nd Graphics test.

What is the memory type your card came with according to GPU-Z? Micron or Samsung? if it is Micron (likely if you purchased the card recently) this contributes to instability.