cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 3090 OC idle power draw

j_lam
Level 7
So I guess I am among the luckie ones, as I own this card since last week and I love it.

It just came to my attention that power draw in idle seems to be 30 watts higher to what a review says according to hwinfo64.

So I mean single and dual monitor setup in my case is 30 watts above what they say.

It's not a big issue, but I am just wondering where this comes from as my 2080ti idled at 10-15 watts, without LEDs and fans though.

3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Are the reviewers testing idle power at the same refresh and resolution as you? If they are not, that likely answers your question 🙂
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

j_lam
Level 7
I actually did try to lower my Refresh Rate with no difference.

Besides that I have been running the same monitor config with my previous 2080ti and it idled at about 10 watts with UWQHD and WQHD monitors at 120 and 144 hertz so it was no problem before.

Wam777
Level 7
j.lam wrote:
So I guess I am among the luckie ones, as I own this card since last week and I love it.

It just came to my attention that power draw in idle seems to be 30 watts higher to what a review says according to hwinfo64.

So I mean single and dual monitor setup in my case is 30 watts above what they say.

It's not a big issue, but I am just wondering where this comes from as my 2080ti idled at 10-15 watts, without LEDs and fans though.

Did you ever figure this out? I've got a 3090 Strix and notice that the idle power is 52W. I also have a MSI 3090 Suprim and that idles at 30W?

My MSI 3080 Gaming Trio idled at 30W as well so why is the Asus so high?

PS. My system is a clean install of the latest Win11 with the latest Nvidia drivers as of today.