cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sli?

Heini
Level 11
Today I ordered the GTX780TI-DC2OC. I'm guessing I won't be able to SLI it with the GTX780-DC2OC that's in the machine now, correct?
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hi Heini, Unfortunately, you cannot SLI those two cards, although they do have the same amount of VRAM, they have different core counts.

HiVizMan
Level 40
nVid are very specific with cards that can SLi. AMD offer greater flexibility with CrossfireX.

So the answer is as you have been told sadly not.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks guys. I solved the SLI problem by changing the order from the 780ti to an R9290X-DC2OC. Seems they became available this evening!

Nate152
You cannot SLI an AMD GPU with an Nvidia GPU. If you want to SLI, you will need to get the exact same GTX 780 that is in your machine.

Heini
Level 11
My signature machine's gpu changes more often than some folks underwear. When I changed the order to the R9290X-DC2OC I put the ASUS R9290-4GD5 reference card back in. It will be removed for the 290X-DC2OC and go back in the gear closet for future fun. The 290's are my first romp with Radeon cards so it'll tough to keep the nVidia's out and as picky as nVidia is about mating cards I no longer desire to SLI.

Nate152
Ok sorry I got confused there for a minute. So you are going to Crossfire two R9290x's? That is going to be super nice and is better than GTX 780 sli performance wise. You will have so many Frames Per Second you won't know what to do with them all. 😄