cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLI'ing with a GTX780DC2OC

Heini
Level 11
The R9290XDC2OC has been taken out of the rotation indefinitely! So my question is can I SLI an EVGA ACX Cooler GeForce GTX 780 with the GTX780-DC2OC that I already have? The EVGA has no back plate so I think I can get them closer on the Crosshair MB than another ASUS with back plate.
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Sure can, they will both run at the speed of the lower clocked card. As long as your cards are the same model, have the same amount of cores and Vram you can do it.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes you can run any two 780s together...the only limit as Nate said is the VRAM has to be the same for both cards. The drivers these days let the cards reach their top boost independant of each other so even if they have different base clocks they will boost independently to their max performance within temp and power boundaries....or you can OC them both with something like Precision X to right where you want them manually....

If you get two cards test them out one at a time and then run the stronger card as first card in top slot...this will also even out any differences...