cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLI - 680 Classified & 680 FTW

kozmik
Level 7
I recently purchased another 680 with the intention to pair it with my existing card to run SLI.

Purchased a 680 Classified to go with my 680 FTW under the impression that you could SLI any card so long as they were both a 680. Turns out the Classified version is literally ~1-inch higher off the board compared to a normal 680. I wasn't aware of this, which means your standard SLI Bridge (rigid) simply does not work.

Is it possible that I can use two *Flexible* SLI bridge connectors to pair these two cards in SLI mode, or is the 680 Classified only able to pair with *another* Classified?
3 REPLIES 3

abvolt
Level 11
Here's a guide that might help you take a look--->http://rog.asus.com/51612011/graphics-cards-2/nvidia-sli-and-amd-crossfirex-setup-guide/
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Thanks for the reply.

I came back to announce that I've resolved my own problem.

Was using the Flexible 2-way SLI Bridge that came with my ASUS motherboard, and I couldn't get the two cards to pair. I tried using the bridge in different slots, but couldn't get it to work. Thought the EVGA 680 Classified wasn't compatible in SLI with a 680 FTW...

... Was about ready to do a dreaded RMA at my own expense...

... Turns out I just needed to plug in an additional 4-pin EZ Plug to the motherboard just above the PCI-E slots to give additional power to SLI.. and voila it works with a single Flexible 2-way SLI Bridge. 😄

HiVizMan
Level 40
Correct you only need a single SLi bridge for dual cards.

And yes it is advisable to use the additional power connector.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.