cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I RMA the 1080 ti strix 11gb oc ? to loud noise = coil whine ?

qAlex26
Level 7
Hello, today I start hearing noises from my gpu and start searching on google about this I heard most of gpu's have this but I think mine its something bigger than that.. its too loud, here hear it yourself :
euro truck simulator 2 with v-sync off in menu

and another in battlefield 1 in menu with v-snync off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc0l2PjovlQ
3 REPLIES 3

Ghoster
Level 7
I was asking about this, if you RMA do you get a Brand New card back or does asus send you a refurbished?

I have been seeing a lot report of that problem with asus 1080 ti oc in a lot different forums in the net, you are not alone.

Anyways, yours seems like really bad case of coil whine. Return it. And let us know if you get new or refurbished from asus.
if you get refur , most likely will have coil whine (maybe not as bad as that one) since I think there has been a lot returns to asus for the same problem. They maybe piled up with them!

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will response soon !

Wow! I've being trying to listen to examples of coil whine but have been hearing mostly loud fans from other owners. Yours is the first one where it's a very distinct whine. This is a definite RMA.

I will not RMA, that high noise its because on on of my game in menu I have over 2000 fps and that makes my gtx 1080 going crazy...
but on other games I almost can't hear it.
so I will not RMA, I read almost every graphics card have this issues.