cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 4090 Strix problem

voxstelarum
Level 8

On 22 march I bought a Strix 4090 and lasted me for about 3 weeks untill it started to crash in any game, get nvlddmkm event ID 0 errors in event viewer, and display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered error, crashing even on desktop while watching youtube and also getting artefacts on desktop.

I RMA the card and got my money back as the card was faulty and I bought another 4090 Strix, today I got the new card and this one from the start i'm getting black screens, and same errors in event viewer with nvlddmkm event id 0 and display crashed and successfully recovered.
This time though, there are no artefacts and if i run games or furmark / OCCT it does not crash, but as soon as i exit the gpu intensive app, the screen goes black and get the errors in event viewer, basically my second card is not stable at idle.

Am I unlucky to get a second faulty card or is Asus really going down the drain with quality controll and stuff?

Has anyone been able to fix this kind of problem without RMAing the card? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

BissiJoy
Level 8

I have read that Recommend system specs

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 / AMD Ryzen 5

• Memory: 16 GB RAM

• Graphics:

• 1080P FHD

• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660

• NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050

• AMD® Radeon RX560 2G

• 1440P QHD

• NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070

• AMD® Radeon RX5700XT

• Ultra Specs (4K, UHD)

• NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080

• AMD® Radeon RX 6800

• DirectX: 10 or higher

• Network: Broadband Internet connection

• Storage: 50 GB + available space

• Additional Notes: Internet connection required to play, offers in-game purchases

iamlox
Level 7

I have the exact same problem and this is my post. https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/nvidia-graphics-cards/rog-strix-geforce-rtx-4090-oc-white-black-screen...

The only workaround is change power management to prefer max performance in Nvida control panel however the card does not downclock anymore.

bojerka
Level 9

Same problem with STRIX 4090 OC version + 7950X3D + X670E-E and F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR.

I sent card on RMA to ASUS. They sent card back with report - "card working properly. my problems ASUS can't to repeat".

Then I started more investigate where is problem on my PC so after deep searching I uninstalled most popular ASUS bloatware - ASUS Aura.

Now 4 days I don't have any random screen flickering, nvlddmkm error, BSOD's, black screens and etc..

I fighting with this problem from 5.3.2023 😞