cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 3080ti gaming oc Crashing with anything

slayeramzn
Level 7
Hello , i have a big problem with my Asus Rog Strix 3080ti gaming oc , its crashing at the most minimum graphics workload , as son as it has to do something the clocks go to like 1960mhz and it crashes , i fixed it by just doing an oc scan with afterburner but 12 hours later it happened again , i have tried everything and no luck

I have done DDU , oc sanner again , and no luck , when i lower the max power all the way down i can get it to work , if i increase the power limit i can get it to like 53% and it crashes again , sometimes when it tries to work at 100% power i hear loud coil wine just before it crashes

I have a corsair hx1000 and the 3 8pin conectors are with individual cables , i dont know what else to do , please help me

I think its strange that i was able to get it to work one time with the oc scanner

Also seems weird to me that when i do an oc scanner it stabilisés a bit , i can start doings l tests in benchmarks like Fumark , i can do the 720p test , 1080p test , 1440p test , but when i get to 4k it crashes again z and once it crashes im not able to do not even the 720p benchmark it starts crashing with the most minimum

I have used Windows 11 , Windows 10 , diferent nvidia driver versions ( the one windows downloads , the Latest nvidia , the one in the asus page)

Its there something i can do? Or do i have to RMA?

Cpu 12700k
Ram 3600mhz cl16
Psu corsair hx1000
15 REPLIES 15

Hi there,

Not sure what that is. I mean it was never modified.

Cheers

Nate152
To reset the bios to defaults on asus motherboards, enter the bios and hit the F5 key, then F10 and Enter to save and exit.

This sets everything back to default settings, mainly disabling X.M.P. and will rule out any instability issues.

I reset bios. Regretfully, issue still persist.

Nate152
Try with just two sticks of memory in slots A2-B2 (2nd & 4th slot from the cpu).

If it's still crashing, please list your complete pc specs and everything connected to it.

Confirming issue still persist.
Also tried my old RAM sticks (CorsAir) same result.
I have swapped the GPU with an MSI ti and will test and report back.

i9-12900KF
64GB G-SKILL TRIDENT ROYAL ELITE Z
ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4
ASUS ROG STRIX 3080Ti OC
CORSAIR RM1000X PSU 1000WATTS
EK WATER BLOCK, RADIATOR, RESERVOIR, HARD TUBING
COOLER MASTER HALO 120MM FANS X4
TEMPS BELOW 50C UNDER LOAD
EK LED STRIP AND ALL BLOCKS ARE RGB LED CONNECTED TO MOTHERBOARD
SAMSUNG 980 PRO M2 SSD
SAMSUNG 970 PLUS M2 SSD
WESTERN DIGITAL BLUE 8TB HDD X 4

ASUS ROG STRIX XG349C CURVED GAMING MONITOR G-SYNC DISPLAY PORT CABLE
ASUS ROG STRIX SCOPE NX DELUXE KEYBOARD USB
ASUS ROG DELTA S RGB WIRED HEADSET USB C
ASUS ROG SHEATH ELECTRO PUNK MOUSE PAD
LOGITECH G502 HERO MOUSE USB
LOGITECH 5.1 SOUND SYSTEM CONNECTED USING 3.5MM

Confirming no crashes with Msi card.
I also noticed there is no coil whine with Msi card.

Returning ROG to retailer tomorrow.