cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 3080ti gaming oc Crashing with anything

slayeramzn
Level 7
Hello , i have a big problem with my Asus Rog Strix 3080ti gaming oc , its crashing at the most minimum graphics workload , as son as it has to do something the clocks go to like 1960mhz and it crashes , i fixed it by just doing an oc scan with afterburner but 12 hours later it happened again , i have tried everything and no luck

I have done DDU , oc sanner again , and no luck , when i lower the max power all the way down i can get it to work , if i increase the power limit i can get it to like 53% and it crashes again , sometimes when it tries to work at 100% power i hear loud coil wine just before it crashes

I have a corsair hx1000 and the 3 8pin conectors are with individual cables , i dont know what else to do , please help me

I think its strange that i was able to get it to work one time with the oc scanner

Also seems weird to me that when i do an oc scanner it stabilisés a bit , i can start doings l tests in benchmarks like Fumark , i can do the 720p test , 1080p test , 1440p test , but when i get to 4k it crashes again z and once it crashes im not able to do not even the 720p benchmark it starts crashing with the most minimum

I have used Windows 11 , Windows 10 , diferent nvidia driver versions ( the one windows downloads , the Latest nvidia , the one in the asus page)

Its there something i can do? Or do i have to RMA?

Cpu 12700k
Ram 3600mhz cl16
Psu corsair hx1000
15 REPLIES 15

Ribellu
Level 10
Hi, Have you tried uninstalling the graphics card and reinstalling everything?

maybe the GPU is not deep enough in the motherboard slot?

Nate152
Hi slayeramzn,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Your psu has a 12v rail switch, try setting it to single 12v rail.

Read the manual, the psu will likely have to be switched off before switching it.

I am having the same experience. I see this topic about the 3080Ti crashing PC's everywhere but I see no real solutions.

Nate152
When increasing the power target, it seems the 3080 ti crashes because it is boosting too high.

15:15 of the video

alanricchi
Level 7
slayeramzn wrote:
Hello , i have a big problem with my Asus Rog Strix 3080ti gaming oc , its crashing at the most minimum graphics workload , as son as it has to do something the clocks go to like 1960mhz and it crashes , i fixed it by just doing an oc scan with afterburner but 12 hours later it happened again , i have tried everything and no luck

I have done DDU , oc sanner again , and no luck , when i lower the max power all the way down i can get it to work , if i increase the power limit i can get it to like 53% and it crashes again , sometimes when it tries to work at 100% power i hear loud coil wine just before it crashes

I have a corsair hx1000 and the 3 8pin conectors are with individual cables , i dont know what else to do , please help me

I think its strange that i was able to get it to work one time with the oc scanner

Also seems weird to me that when i do an oc scanner it stabilisés a bit , i can start doings l tests in benchmarks like Fumark , i can do the 720p test , 1080p test , 1440p test , but when i get to 4k it crashes again z and once it crashes im not able to do not even the 720p benchmark it starts crashing with the most minimum

I have used Windows 11 , Windows 10 , diferent nvidia driver versions ( the one windows downloads , the Latest nvidia , the one in the asus page)

Its there something i can do? Or do i have to RMA?

Cpu 12700k
Ram 3600mhz cl16
Psu corsair hx1000

same problem. no one found the problem?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

Set power target to 93% and see if the problem reoccurs, then report back
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
I just picked up this 3080 ti yesterday, FPS is all over the place and games just crash. I tried GPU tweak 3 and 2, ran just the OC scanner for a oc, and I cant figure it out, on nvida 512.95, because of the icue issue that the new dirvers have.

Gonna return it and maybe get a 3090, dont know what else to do???
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

Sorry for opening old thread. Bought this card and having crashes all over the place. Any idea? Car was shipped so return is a pain process, plus I do not think there is local stock any longer.

I9kf 12gen
64GB Triden Royal Elite Z
ROG Strix Z690
RM1000x PSU
Win 10 Pro (already tried clean install)

Tried ddu etc. Nothing seems to be working.

FPS is solid 180 due to G-sync. Crashing mostly while playing WOT.

Nate152
Hi Ghost-0fficial,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Have you tried with the bios at default settings?