cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'RTX 3060 Dual' Displaying Checkerboard Glitches

Snaptrap
Level 10
I received this card last month as a gift. It's been running fine until a week ago when small checkerboard patterns would appear in random areas within the browser window during the playback of YouTube videos. Other video platforms seem to work fine. I even displayed multiple video windows from different sites and the glitching only appears in the YouTube window. Is it possible for faulty hardware to behave in this manner or is this software? I'm using Microsoft Edge and it recently received an update around the time this problem began. I just want to know if I need to RMA this card.
1 REPLY 1

TL_Gamer
Level 8
Snaptrap wrote:
I received this card last month as a gift. It's been running fine until a week ago when small checkerboard patterns would appear in random areas within the browser window during the playback of YouTube videos. Other video platforms seem to work fine. I even displayed multiple video windows from different sites and the glitching only appears in the YouTube window. Is it possible for faulty hardware to behave in this manner or is this software? I'm using Microsoft Edge and it recently received an update around the time this problem began. I just want to know if I need to RMA this card.

Even though this might not be the exact problem that's happening to you, I did have a similar issue that you described happen, For me random glitched squares and rectangles would appear on various parts of the screen when I would hover the mouse over various places and my desktop, certain icons and on websites. I had to shut off some things in the Nvidia control panel that I turned on.

Since the problem only started happening after I turned things on there I was guessed that's where the problem was. After turning those options off, the problem went away. Now whether or not the issue was caused by me turning things on remains to be seen.

So here is what I Turned on, Nvidia control panel >VIDEO>ADJUST VIDEO IMAGE SETTINGS
RTX Video Enhancement
Use the Nvida Settings
Noise reduction

I originally only turned off these but I turned back on RTX Video Enhancement
RTX Video Enhancement
Noise reduction

I hope this helps

Here is something to keep in mind (And this one is really annoying)
In Windows 10 and 11, you have to manually force Windows to use your GPU. That option used to be a setting in the Nvidia control panel but it's been moved and an additional step has been added

Search for graphics settings, click browse find the exe you want to add to the list double click it, then select options then high performance