cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG-STRIX-LC-RTX3090TI-O24G Rad Fans Question

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Anyone know if the fans on the radiator can be changed easily if you dont want the RGB on them and/or would like to upgrade the fans to, say, Noctua 120mm 3000 RPM industrials?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has done this successfully or anyone with specific tech knowledge about this.
18 REPLIES 18

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

The Strix LC is interchangeable with any 4 pin PWN fan. Here are some of my own results using the default ROG RGB setup. In some instances, the card was able to maintain 2290MHz. *

The below is using the Performance BIOS and stock fan profile.

12900K @ 5.2GHz

CAS30 6000MHz

Z690 ROG APEX**

93646*

93647*

93648*

93649*
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Wow, that is an amazing overclock Silent Scone. It's the highest overclock I've seen yet by far !

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello,

The Strix LC is interchangeable with any 4 pin PWN fan. Here are some of my own results using the default ROG RGB setup. In some instances, the card was able to maintain 2290MHz. *

The below is using the Performance BIOS and stock fan profile.

12900K @ 5.2GHz

CAS30 6000MHz

Z690 ROG APEX**

93646*

93647*

93648*

93649*

Thanks Nate, needed to confirm that 25mm rad fan thickness. That's hard to find. Going all Corsair QL fans in my new build in the Corsair iCUE 7000x. This thread has everything I'll need for that. Cheers!

Nate152
Sure, I'd love to see a picture of your pc, take some good shots of the ROG Strix 3090 Ti LC OC.

As good of temps that you have, I doubt using the Fan Connect II headers would make much of a difference, with fans connected to the Fan Connect II headers, the fans would ramp up and down according to gpu temp.

It's at your discretion how you want to do it.

I started a build log with my new pc, I'm not too far with it but I got some of the time consuming things out of the way. I'll be back on it hopefully by mid next week.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?129330-TT-Tower-900

Nate152 wrote:
Sure, I'd love to see a picture of your pc, take some good shots of the ROG Strix 3090 Ti LC OC.

As good of temps that you have, I doubt using the Fan Connect II headers would make much of a difference, with fans connected to the Fan Connect II headers, the fans would ramp up and down according to gpu temp.

It's at your discretion how you want to do it.

I started a build log with my new pc, I'm not too far with it but I got some of the time consuming things out of the way. I'll be back on it hopefully by mid next week.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?129330-TT-Tower-900

Nice! That case looks really tall! And water cooling, huh?! I've thought about doing that! Good luck!!

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Here are the case from the front, from inside, the rear fan as intake, and the floor fan.

Nate152
Thank you for the pictures, you have an awesome gaming pc. You have the cpu and gpu liquid cooled with excellent temps, those fans on the front made a big difference. I'm not sure how much cooler you'd get being already at a chilly 39.8c. That's all I'll be liquid cooling is the cpu and gpu.

Have you seen the EK Vector2 ABP set for the ROG Strix 3090 Ti LC OC? It's a super nice water block.

https://www.eteknix.com/ekwb-quantum-vector%c2%b2-asus-3090ti-tuf-gaming-strix/

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Yeah, the two fans added definitely make a difference. Given the ambient temperature can get up to around 32 before giving in and turning the air con on, it makes sense. The cool temps are nice.

Thanks for the link. Are you going for that water block yourself? I'm still really only a beginner myself in building computers--only three under my belt now but really enjoy researching and then going for it. If you game and like the customization options you have doing so it is definitely the way to go vs premade systems.

Nate152
Three builds and three working systems shows you know how to put them together. Custom liquid cooling isn't too difficult but it can get expensive.

I'll use the ROG Strix 3090 Ti LC OC as is for a little while and eventually get the Vector2 ABP. It's two water blocks in one, one for the front and one for the back which is the active back plate. While I have installed a few water blocks, this one is new to me.

EK provides instructions and pictures how to install their hardware. They also have a torque screwdriver to ensure not to over tighten and damage anything, I got one for installing the velocity2 cpu water block as well.

I'm looking forward to getting it installed, I hope mine overclocks as well as Silent Scone's.