cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix 2080 Ti OC Correct Thermal Pads

weztmarch
Level 7
Can someone please tell me the thickness used for all of the thermal pads on the ROG STRIX 2080 Ti OC's PCB? The memory banks, chokes/vrms, etc? I would like to replace them and I don't want to buy the wrong size.
4 REPLIES 4

hi-tech
Level 8
Good question. I am wondering about why this is not answered.
@weztmarch
Could you figure out what size is needed? Especially the thickness is most important i guess.
I would highly appreciate any advice.

1.5mm is used for the entire Strix PCB; GDDR6, chokes, every component on the Strix PCB = 1.5mm according to the response I received from an ASUS Support Rep who allegedly 'spoke with the engineers' before returning with an answer, which I later verified after physical disassembly for a much-needed replacement pad. I went with an affordable Arctic pad (7w/mK) for a short time before my curiosity compelled me to try the pricey Fujilpoly Extreme (11w/mK) and recycle my Arctic pads by migrating them to the rear of the same components on the backside of the PCB toward the backplate. I hope it may help to passively dissipate a tiny bit of extra heat from the components, but considering the Strix 2080/Ti backplate rests on standoffs and doesn't make proper contact with the PCB to begin with (nor does it have thermal pads installed in stock configuration) I sorta doubt it. There really aren't any significant gains to be had from replacing thermal pads alone unless you are need the extra bit of conductivity for whatever purposes in which case you may be able to get away with 1mm pads a thinner is better for conductivity and by that point you should just spring for a block and build a loop.

hi-tech
Level 8
Thank you so much for the detailed answer. I never expected that so quickly. No doubt there are a lot of people searchnig for this. The Arctic Pad is exactly what I've planned to use. Maybe there are other better price performance solutions. I will check that.
My card is under water right now (Heatkiller block + custom loop) and reason to reinstall the aircooler is to sale the card.
Thanks a lot again and sorry for my rusted english skills ^^

JaEDias
Level 8
weztmarch wrote:
Can someone please tell me the thickness used for all of the thermal pads on the ROG STRIX 2080 Ti OC's PCB? The memory banks, chokes/vrms, etc? I would like to replace them and I don't want to buy the wrong size.

You mean, full name is the 11Go one from asus, right? because i am going for the 1,5mm pads. How many pads did you buy for your card?