Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog gtx 1650 super crashes on desktop

radumora
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Maybe someone has a clue...
My current setup:
Display: Samsung NU8009 latest firmware, HDMI UHD Color enabled, Game Mode enabled.
GPU: Asus Expedition GTX 1050 TI latest drivers, 4k resolution, YCC 4.2.2 format, 12 bpc color depth, 60hz, HDR enabled in Windows.
PSU: BeQuiet System Power 9 500w with CM, a few weeks old.
Asus P8Q77-M mainboard, Xeon E3 1230 v2 cpu (69W tdp), 24gb ram, 1x ssd, so the power supply isn't an issue.

I've bought an Asus rog GTX 1650 super. This card crashes when using the settings above, on desktop (I'm not playing, it's mostly a streaming PC). Amazon already sent me another card, it behaves the same. Asus support said to complain to Amazon. Could it be wrong implementation from Asus (the rog has dual bios, quiet and performance, both behave the same)? The system seems to become unstable after enabling HDMI UHD color on the TV, but it works perfectly with the 1050 ti.

I have my work PC home, with a n rtx 2080 super. I've connected that one to the TV, same settings, works fine, so it must be the rog cards.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

radumora
Level 7
SOLVED :)! This is caused by enabling 'HDMI UHD color' (Samsung name, others might call it something else) on the TV, for hdmi port used by the PC, then also enabling 'Use HDR' under WIndows 10 Display Settings.
I'm using YCC 4.2.2 coding, 10 bpc color, 4k 60hz.
So, for anyone who experiences random 'no signal' issues or instability, check your TV and Windows Display Settings. Disabling 'Use HDR' in Windows did the trick.
This setup, however, does not cause any stability issues with the 1050.