cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 1070 OC Edition? Thermal paste?

Akiro1337
Level 7
Hi guys, i have some questions i'd like to get cleared as good as possible.
1. Are the paste on the 1070 any good, should i need a swapping later on? - My card was bought in September, reason I ask is because my 680 seems to be losing it's touch with the paste after 3 years, and maybe bad cleaning? (Used Aircompressor, and just holded my fans, but i kinda blew the dust up in the card)
2. Any advice on how to clean it without causing damage to the card, here i think any special way to clean or doesn't it matter? (I prefer not to get my card out, i am not that great with tech, just a gamer 😞 )
3. How come i could for like 3 days ago have lower temps in games, and suddenly they increase with 2-3 degress?
4. I ran Heavens Benchmark 3 times (around 15 minutes) and these are my results, are they okay? (Pic will come after my last question)
5. I am using the fancurve that the card had, is that fine enough for some hard gaming?
Sorry for being confusing. hope you can help me
Pic:
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hi Akiro1337

1) yes the thermal paste is good, your max temp is showing 62c which is excellent.

2) For cleaning the dust off a gpu it would be good to remove it, I use a vacuum cleaner with the soft brush head and lightly go over it.

3) 2-3 degrees isn't anything to worry about and is likely caused by room/case temp.

4) Yes, everything looks good.

5) With temp at 62c you can use the stock fan curve.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Akiro1337

1) yes the thermal paste is good, your max temp is showing 62c which is excellent.

2) For cleaning the dust off a gpu it would be good to remove it, I use a vacuum cleaner with the soft brush head and lightly go over it.

3) 2-3 degrees isn't anything to worry about and is likely caused by room/case temp.

4) Yes, everything looks good.

5) With temp at 62c you can use the stock fan curve.

Reason I ask is because I am a bit afraid to take out the card, will I still be safe using an Aircompressor, and use the method where i have to blow up on the chip, to get the dust off? - I will end it with blowing from the side If you understand me. 🙂

Nate152
Don't be afraid, be gentle. 🙂

Remove the screw on the pci bracket holding the gpu in place, I use a magnetic screw driver for this. Then I use a pencil with the eraser end and lightly push down on the pcie clip then it should lift right out. Be gentle with it and it will be fine, you'll do a better job cleaning it if you remove it.

An air compressor is ok to use but can sometimes have moisture in it.

I know, the Aircompressor i can borrow have some kind of water sperator, i also before i blow, i would blow into my hand, and make sure it doesn't give water 🙂
Sorry for my bad english, i will explain later when it isn't late sir. 🙂

Nate152

I will be cleaning it within a month or 3