cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizable BAR VBIOS Update Question

PavelPr
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I now see that the long-awaited Resizable BAR VBIOS for ASUS 30-series boards has been released. I own a TUF-RTX3090-O24G board that has dual (P/Q) BIOS. Does anyone know whether I have to update each mode separately, or perhaps the update would apply to both of them at once?

Additionally, multiple sources online state that updating VBIOS is rather risky, and I am somewhat concerned. Has anyone applied the update yet? Was everything okay?

Thanks a lot!
39 REPLIES 39

Asus Rampage 6 BIOS 3403
ASUS ROG Stix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB Version V3
Nvidia driver 465.89
After configuring BIOS for resizable bar and saving settings.
The issues I'm having are 3 beeps after the first beep, motherboard display saying Load VBIOS. Then restarts.
Boots to F1 or press F2 to continue, as it turned CMS back on due to VGA card is not supported.
Or the other scenario boot display saying the VGA card is not supported by the UEFI driver.
To get motherboard BIOS to boot with Resizable Bar is to load setting then save reboot BUT! Turn it off before it reboots. Then unplug mains power let capacitance discharge wait another 10 seconds. Plug back in boot computer. And all it working but when I shut down must disconnect mains power before booting again. If I don't have to go through the process again or cannot boot sometimes at all unless I clear CMOS, even then I've had to reflash MB BIOS again, as it got that corrupted saying No HD detect or No Memory detect.

No issue with other MB BIOS
System specs
Win 11 Pro 21H2
Rampage VI Extreme
BIOS 3801
I9 10920 @5.0GHz all cores
EK-KIT G360 (CPU only)
Samsung 960 PRO M.2 NVMe 1TB
Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PLUS NVMe 2TB
Kingston Fury Renegade 4TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD with Heatsink
1 Samsung SSD 4TB EVO
1 X Samsung SSD 860 EVO 4TB
2 x 10TB drives
1 x 2TB drive
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC 24GB @3015 MHz
32GB G Skill Trident Z 3466MHz 15-17-17-37
Corsair AX1200W PSU
Sound Denon AVC-A1
LGC1 77

Asus Rampage 6 BIOS 3403
ASUS ROG Stix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB BIOS Version V3
Nvidia driver 465.89
After configuring BIOS for resizable bar and saving settings.
The issues I'm having are 3 beeps after the first beep, motherboard display saying Load VBIOS. Then restarts.
Boots to F1 or press F2 to continue, as it turned CMS back on due to VGA card is not supported.
To get motherboard BIOS to boot with Resizable Bar is to load setting then save reboot BUT! turn it off before it reboots. Then unplug mains power let capacitance discharge wait another 10 seconds. Plug back in, boot computer and all is working but when I shut down must disconnect mains power before booting again. If I don't have to go through the process again or cannot boot sometimes at all unless I clear CMOS, even then I've had to reflash MB BIOS again as it got that corrupted saying No HD detect or No Memory detect.
No issues with other MB BIOS's.
System specs
Win 11 Pro 21H2
Rampage VI Extreme
BIOS 3801
I9 10920 @5.0GHz all cores
EK-KIT G360 (CPU only)
Samsung 960 PRO M.2 NVMe 1TB
Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PLUS NVMe 2TB
Kingston Fury Renegade 4TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD with Heatsink
1 Samsung SSD 4TB EVO
1 X Samsung SSD 860 EVO 4TB
2 x 10TB drives
1 x 2TB drive
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC 24GB @3015 MHz
32GB G Skill Trident Z 3466MHz 15-17-17-37
Corsair AX1200W PSU
Sound Denon AVC-A1
LGC1 77

I have the ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING and my mobo is the z490-g with 2005 bios and rebar enabled there (didn't check csm or other settings).

I ran the RTX3090_V3.exe and it seemed to update from what i noticed, then reboot and black screen.

I bios flashbacked to 1003 now, and everything works fine again but no rebar.

The vbios version is 94.02.42.00.a9, is the v3 for me?

i should probably also wait for a better bios since 2005 is beta but i got to eager to try it out lol

EDIT: Ahh i read other posts on the forum and found the enable rebar setting in the bios on 1003 and it works now! So guess the vbios is correct?

Question still is do i need to do the same bios update on the Quiet bios? I'm using the default performance now.

Goofee79 wrote:
I have the ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING and my mobo is the z490-g with 2005 bios and rebar enabled there (didn't check csm or other settings).

I ran the RTX3090_V3.exe and it seemed to update from what i noticed, then reboot and black screen.

I bios flashbacked to 1003 now, and everything works fine again but no rebar.

The vbios version is 94.02.42.00.a9, is the v3 for me?

i should probably also wait for a better bios since 2005 is beta but i got to eager to try it out lol

EDIT: Ahh i read other posts on the forum and found the enable rebar setting in the bios on 1003 and it works now! So guess the vbios is correct?

Question still is do i need to do the same bios update on the Quiet bios? I'm using the default performance now.

V bios version is correct. You dont have to flash P and Q mode separately. The .exe file will auto update both side.

Q mode bios last 2 digit is A8

Having constant BSODs after installing the new vBIOS for resizable bar. Even without enabling it.

Is there any way for me to rollback to v2 Bios? It is starting to be a nightmare.

Thanks.

Edit: @SilentScone I cannot update the BIOS to the newly released V4. I have been experiencing those black screens since I updated to v3. What can I do to force the update to v4?

Current BIOS is 94.02.42.00.D6

dmbrio wrote:
Having constant BSODs after installing the new vBIOS for resizable bar. Even without enabling it.

Is there any way for me to rollback to v2 Bios? It is starting to be a nightmare.

Thanks.

Edit: @SilentScone I cannot update the BIOS to the newly released V4. I have been experiencing those black screens since I updated to v3. What can I do to force the update to v4?

Current BIOS is 94.02.42.00.D6

Exactly same problem here! any help?

sookainian wrote:
V bios version is correct. You dont have to flash P and Q mode separately. The .exe file will auto update both side.

Q mode bios last 2 digit is A8

Superb, thanks buddy!

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
For those using the VBIOS tool and experiencing the message saying there is no update available; please state which card, open GPUZ and check what VBIOS version you are currently on.

hi have message to update form v2 to v3

Conan86
Level 7
I can confirm that my Z490-G Wi-Fi on 2005 and ROG Strix 3080 on VBIOS_V4 gets stuck on POST when I enable resizable BAR.. had to turn off power and reset CMOS for system to POST again.

After reading the response here, I did a BIOS flashback for the motherboard back to 1003 and now have resizable BAR enabled in BIOS and working. ASUS should really pull or warn people about firmware 2005 beta not working as expected since most people who wants to enable re-BAR will try it on the latest available firmware..

Conan86 wrote:
I can confirm that my Z490-G Wi-Fi on 2005 and ROG Strix 3080 on VBIOS_V4 gets stuck on POST when I enable resizable BAR.. had to turn off power and reset CMOS for system to POST again.

After reading the response here, I did a BIOS flashback for the motherboard back to 1003 and now have resizable BAR enabled in BIOS and working. ASUS should really pull or warn people about firmware 2005 beta not working as expected since most people who wants to enable re-BAR will try it on the latest available firmware..

how did you BIOS flashback for the motherboard back to 1003 , some kind of tutorial? thank you