cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizable BAR VBIOS Update Question

PavelPr
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I now see that the long-awaited Resizable BAR VBIOS for ASUS 30-series boards has been released. I own a TUF-RTX3090-O24G board that has dual (P/Q) BIOS. Does anyone know whether I have to update each mode separately, or perhaps the update would apply to both of them at once?

Additionally, multiple sources online state that updating VBIOS is rather risky, and I am somewhat concerned. Has anyone applied the update yet? Was everything okay?

Thanks a lot!
39 REPLIES 39

OLDFATSHEEP wrote:
Same here. My Strix 3080 P mode version is 94.02.42.00.D6. But its V2 BIOS. That V3 BIOS update app still says I don't need to update.

I have the same problem with an RTX 3090 STRIX OC. None of the Asus provided BIOS flash executables work. I get the same message every time stating that my card doesn't need to be updated.

As a workaround, I had to extract the BIOS from the Asus executable and manually flash the correct one to my card. After reboot Resizable BAR is working on my card.

Asus should look into what's causing this error.

cx-ray wrote:
I have the same problem with an RTX 3090 STRIX OC. None of the Asus provided BIOS flash executables work. I get the same message every time stating that my card doesn't need to be updated.

As a workaround, I had to extract the BIOS from the Asus executable and manually flash the correct one to my card. After reboot Resizable BAR is working on my card.

Asus should look into what's causing this error.

can share how did u extract the bios and flash it ?

I'd like that too. I tried to update mine and receive the same message.

sookainian wrote:
can share how did u extract the bios and flash it ?

I don't want to be blamed for bricking someone's card. Below is just enough info so you can further research it if necessary.

Roughly speaking you do the following:
Extract the Asus VBIOS updater using a tool such as WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc.
Among the resulting files there will be a .ini. In there look up your current VBIOS version and corresponding new version number.
Use NVFlash to update your card.

Do it at your own risk.

Yeah, of course our own risk. Although its still Asus tool, just after extraction.

My Nvidia CP says I have: 94.02.26.80.EF BIOS and GPU is TUF-RTX3080-010G-GAMING (which is 3080 TUF OC).
Bios for it is not listed.

OK. Nevermind, found correct data. Its 94.02.26.80.AS05 and now BAR is enabled. Thank you xc-ray!

Hiromachi wrote:
Yeah, of course our own risk. Although its still Asus tool, just after extraction.

My Nvidia CP says I have: 94.02.26.80.EF BIOS and GPU is TUF-RTX3080-010G-GAMING (which is 3080 TUF OC).
Bios for it is not listed.

OK. Nevermind, found correct data. Its 94.02.26.80.AS05 and now BAR is enabled. Thank you xc-ray!

bios 94.02.42.00.b4 TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3090 OC Edition did i flash the non OC bios in my OC model ?

I upgraded my Z490-G to 2103 bios and rebar still works on my 3090 Strix, no issues just need to configure it again after bios flash.

Minh Le wrote:
Both P and Q bios will be updated at the same time.
Just double click on .exe file and boom... VoilÃ*

I just successfully updated my TUF-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING.
This statement is inaccurate; wanting to update both modes, I needed to flash each mode separately, like I thought.

Koben
Level 7
Just updated my X299 TUF Mark1 BIOS (v.3403), turned on Above 4G, re bar to auto, disabled CSM compatibility...
Everything is booting OK!

The only issue is that I'm unable to use the VBIOS update tool which gives me a message:
*"Your graphics card does not need a VBIOS update"

Please, tell me how to proceed/fix this... already opened a Technical Inquiry on Asus support page.*

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
For those using the VBIOS tool and experiencing the message saying there is no update available; please state which card, open GPUZ and check what VBIOS version you are currently on.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090