cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizable BAR VBIOS Update Question

PavelPr
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I now see that the long-awaited Resizable BAR VBIOS for ASUS 30-series boards has been released. I own a TUF-RTX3090-O24G board that has dual (P/Q) BIOS. Does anyone know whether I have to update each mode separately, or perhaps the update would apply to both of them at once?

Additionally, multiple sources online state that updating VBIOS is rather risky, and I am somewhat concerned. Has anyone applied the update yet? Was everything okay?

Thanks a lot!
39 REPLIES 39

Minh_Le
Level 7
PavelPr wrote:
Hello everyone,

I now see that the long-awaited Resizable BAR VBIOS for ASUS 30-series boards has been released. I own a TUF-RTX3090-O24G board that has dual (P/Q) BIOS. Does anyone know whether I have to update each mode separately, or perhaps the update would apply to both of them at once?

Additionally, multiple sources online state that updating VBIOS is rather risky, and I am somewhat concerned. Has anyone applied the update yet? Was everything okay?

Thanks a lot!

Bios V3 has been released

Minh Le wrote:
Bios V3 has been released

Yeah, I know. My question pertains to that very release. 🙂

Both P and Q bios will be updated at the same time.
Just double click on .exe file and boom... Voilà

I am trying to update my TUF-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING but the tool says my card does not need an update an its current vbios is 94.02.26.C0.01.

Any suggestions?

SirMikk wrote:
I am trying to update my TUF-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING but the tool says my card does not need an update an its current vbios is 94.02.26.C0.01.

Any suggestions?

Same here. My Strix 3080 P mode version is 94.02.42.00.D6. But its V2 BIOS. That V3 BIOS update app still says I don't need to update.

I flashed my 3080 tuf oc in the overclock mode and when rebooting I just got a black screen.

I switched the card to quiet mode and it would boot. I then flashed the bios again here and sadly when I rebooted I just got a black screen.

Pulled the card out and put it back in again to see if it would help but no.

Is there any way to load the bios onto a usb stick and make it boot up on this and run the bios by itself?

nexaus wrote:
I flashed my 3080 tuf oc in the overclock mode and when rebooting I just got a black screen.

I switched the card to quiet mode and it would boot. I then flashed the bios again here and sadly when I rebooted I just got a black screen.

Pulled the card out and put it back in again to see if it would help but no.

Is there any way to load the bios onto a usb stick and make it boot up on this and run the bios by itself?

exact same thing here
Strix Z490-G wifi and a Strix RTX 3080 , both are uodated to latest bios of today
same blank screen ansd debug led stuck on VGA
after activated Resize Barr in bios

simply reset bios with jumper then boot but unnable to activated Resize Barr

Did you guys disable CSM? Others have reported black screen issues after forgetting to disable it. See: https://edgeup.asus.com/2021/guide-how-to-enable-resizable-bar-on-your-asus-powered-gaming-pc/

PavelPr wrote:
Did you guys disable CSM? Others have reported black screen issues after forgetting to disable it. See: https://edgeup.asus.com/2021/guide-how-to-enable-resizable-bar-on-your-asus-powered-gaming-pc/

yes sure, CSM was already disable